Dell has announced a series of new data protection solutions to help organizations better protect business-critical systems, applications, and data – either on premises or in the cloud. Offerings include: the general availability of Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery; three new data deduplication appliances models; new Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Recovery – Free Edition; and the new Dell Data Protection | NetVault Backup 11.
Generally available today, Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery would integrate proven and familiar features of AppAssure and other leading Dell IP to help eliminate downtime for customer environments. Customers can attain recovery of systems, applications and data across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Rapid Snap for Applications technology takes snapshots of entire physical or virtual environments up to every five minutes. This would give users immediate access to data in the event of an incident and the power to restore in real time as if nothing ever happened. In addition, Rapid Snap for Virtual technology offers agentless protection of VMware VMs.
New releases to the Dell DR series of deduplication appliances include the new Dell DR4300e, DR4300 and DR6300. The new Dell DR appliances would deliver increased capacity, speed and performance, enabling customers to backup more data and store less. Dell DR appliances leverage free source-side deduplication capabilities to relieve network bandwidth congestion and boost ingest performance.
- “An ideal fit for mid-market organizations,” the DR4300 delivers up to 108TB of usable capacity while ingesting up to 23TB of data per hour. The entry-level DR4300e is a smaller scale, low-cost appliance that can scale up to 27TB while offering all the features of the DR Series. With these offerings, small and mid-market organizations can now easily adopt enterprise-grade data deduplication capabilities that have traditionally been out of reach.
- The DR63000 is a larger midmarket and small enterprise solution that delivers up to 360TB of usable capacity while ingesting up to 29TB of data per hour, delivering the scalability needed to support growing environments.
Built on the latest 13th generation Dell PowerEdge servers, Dell DR appliances support 16 of the industry’s leading backup applications and can “easily” be added to an existing data protection environment.
To help companies protect the growing volumes of data created by endpoint devices, Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Recovery – Free Edition will be available in a light-weight, “easy-to-use” software offering that gives customers a robust endpoint protection and recovery solution for Windows clients. A no-cost, set-and-forget client protection solution designed for a single user, the freemium offering provides file deduplication and compression to reduce storage costs while enabling “fast” recovery of lost data.
Dell NetVault Backup is a cross-platform, enterprise backup and recovery solution that offers one of the broadest spectrums of OS, application, and backup target support in the industry. Version 11 would deliver the increased scalability and improved performance needed to simplify backup in even the most diverse and rapidly growing IT environments.
New features of Dell Data Protection | NetVault Backup 11 include:
- Enterprise Windows client deployment manager that allows customers to target up to 1,000 clients for automated installation, increasing both efficiency and scalability.
- High-performance file system multi-streaming capability that allows customers to break up backups into smaller, simultaneously executed chunks to increase performance.
- Restartable VMware backups so users pick up where a job left off.
- Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery is available now worldwide. A free upgrade for current AppAssure license holders is also available.
- The Dell DR 4300e, DR 4300 and DR6300 are available now worldwide.
- Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Recovery – Free Edition will be available worldwide beginning in early March.
- Dell NetVault Backup 11 is available now worldwide.
“With the next generation of Data Protection solutions, Dell is committed to helping companies gain control of their IT environments, and protecting the applications and data that flows across the organization both on premises and in the cloud,” said Brett Roscoe, vice president, product management, Dell Systems and Information Management. “These significant enhancements to the Dell Data Protection portfolio help organizations utilize the opportunities of cloud and build a future-ready infrastructure by ensuring they have instant access to systems, applications and data that run their businesses. From clients all the way to the cloud, Dell Data Protection solutions deliver a combination of performance, price and flexibility that no other vendor can match.”