Veeam Software, a provider of solutions that deliver data center availability, has announced that initial customer adoption of Veeam Availability Suite TM v8 has exceeded their expectations. Within its first 90 days of release, more than 36 percent of existing customers (45,000) upgraded to Veeam Availability Suite v8.
Veeam Availability Suite v8 would provide customers a new kind of solution, an availability solution, delivering recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data.
When specifically asked about the upgrade experience to the new version, top-features/benefits mentioned by customers were Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory (21 percent), enhancements to Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange (19 percent), Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server (18 percent) and replication enhancements (17 percent).
With more than 200 new features and enhancements, Veeam Availability Suite v8 leverages the technologies of the modern data center: virtualization, modern storage and cloud. It would provide five key capabilities enabling an “always-on business”, which are:
- High-Speed Recovery – For example, users would be enabled to restore quickly and easily from Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, NetApp and HP storage snapshots and more with Veeam Explorers.
- Data Loss Avoidance – Near-continuous data protection (near-CDP) and streamlined disaster recovery.
- Verified Protection – Guaranteed recovery of every file, application or virtual server, every time.
- Leveraged Data – Using backup data to create an exact copy of a production environment.
- Complete Visibility – Proactive monitoring and alerting of issues before operational impact.