Actifio, a globally available Enterprise Data-as-a-Service software platform, has unveiled the 8.0 version of its Actifio Sky Platform – a solution designed to accelerate the pace of enterprise digital transformation with cloud-native capabilities. This new release is the culmination of over two and a half years of research and collaboration with enterprises, partners and industry analysts.
Actifio Sky Platform 8.0 is a cloud-centric solution that would enable enterprises to accelerate critical digital transformation initiatives for application development, analytics, data protection, high availability and compliance by leveraging the agility and economics of public and private cloud solutions.
With a single Sky Platform, enterprises would be executing a crawl-walk-run IT transformation strategy and harnessing cloud solutions for appropriate workloads, including cloud-native applications, rather than an ‘all-or-nothing, lift-and-shift cloud strategy.’
“Data is at the heart of business transformation to a digital enterprise,” said Ash Ashutosh, founder and CEO of Actifio. “For over seven years we’ve enabled enterprises to leverage their data as a strategic asset to accelerate their digital transformation initiatives for application development, analytics, data protection and compliance. Our relentless focus on customer success led us to a close collaboration with our users and partners who believe in cloud solutions as part of their IT strategy, not ‘the cloud strategy.’ Together, we delivered practical solutions to help them leverage the agility and economics of the emerging public and private cloud infrastructure and services, without the traditional constraints of vendor lock-ins, platform limitations or mobility. The result is the biggest software release in the history of the company since our inception that combines the speed, agility and economics of Actifio’s Data-as-a-Service with cloud based Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service offerings.”
The five “significant” features added to Actifio Sky Platform 8.0 – in addition to comprehensive updates across the board – would include:
- Cloud Native – Enterprise grade data management for cloud native applications in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Stack, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Oracle Cloud.
- Cloud Mobility – Would enable “true” hybrid cloud deployments across on-premises physical or virtual servers and cloud platforms. It would also deliver instant access to data and improved business resiliency and agility.
- Cloud Object – “Unleash the power of object storage with technology innovations” to enable instant data access for application development, analytics applications, low RPO and RTO disaster recovery and long-term data retention for archival and compliance, on-premises or in the cloud. Support currently for Amazon Web Services S3 and S3 IAS, Microsoft Azure Blob, IBM Cloud Object Storage, Google Nearline and Coldline, Dell EMC ECS, Hitachi HCP, Netapp StorageGRID, Wasabi and Scality.
- Cloud Catalog – Cloud-scale catalog for all applications and data, anywhere, delivering fastest times to find, access and use data. Native catalog API forms the foundation for new data-centric IT-analytics and business-decision-analytics applications.
- Cloud Engage – Pioneering user engagement platform serving as the foundation for deriving more value out of Actifio Data-as-a-Service for analytics, reporting, new data-centric applications and enablement.
“The data revolution is increasing the amount data stored by more than 2.5 exabytes every day and this data is quickly becoming the world’s most valuable resource,” said Phil Goodwin, IDC Research Director. “Actifio aims to work closely with customers to create and enrich a virtual data platform that meets the rising challenges of the modern data economy. IT organizations are looking for these types of solutions to make a faster digital transformation and use their own data in the Cloud.”