Last week, backup and cybersecurity solutions vendor Acronis announced a $147 million investment round led by Goldman Sachs. The first investment round since being founded in 2003. The company claims its valuation to be over one billion dollars now, which makes it a tech unicorn.
The funding round would enable Acronis to expand its engineering team in Singapore, Bulgaria and Arizona, build additional data centers, and grow through acquisitions. Additionally, Acronis would use the capital to accelerate its business growth in North America.
Its numbers are quite impressive we must say. Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 1,400 employees in 18 countries. Acronis solutions are used by more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses, including 80% of the Fortune 1000 companies. Acronis cybersecurity products are available through 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries in more than 30 languages.
“In 2018, Acronis achieved 20% business growth, and in 2019 it is on track for over 30% growth with the Acronis Cyber Cloud business growing by over 100%,” said Serguei Beloussov, Founder and CEO of Acronis. “Recently we announced the Acronis Cyber Platform, enabling 3rd parties to customize, extend, and integrate our cyber protection solutions to the needs of their customers and partners. The investment round led by Goldman Sachs will help us to fast-track the product development through acquisitions of companies and additional resources, while accelerating growth.
With this funding round led by Goldman Sachs, Acronis can increase its engineering capabilities and acquire new teams and technologies to accelerate the development of Acronis’ products including:
- Acronis Cyber Protection solutions – for data safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security.
- Acronis Cyber Platform – enabling third-party developers to customize, extend and integrate cyber protection into their solutions.
- Acronis Cyber Infrastructure – providing a secured environment for running cyber protection solutions and data storage.
- Acronis Cyber Architecture – guaranteeing the privacy of data and giving customers the full control of data location.
- Acronis Cyber Cloud – enabling service providers and enterprise IT to deliver cyber protection services to end customers.