Artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) is a way to automate tasks that are typically carried out by site reliability engineers (SREs). It aims to make the lives of SREs easier by helping them reduce the amount of noise coming from systems, surface issues more easily, and perform root cause analysis by correlating data from different systems.
In this video, we discuss automation in the context of AIOps. We have collected a lot of data, reduced noise, and identified issues and root causes. Now, we look at how to take action on these anomalies. Elastic provides several options for this, including alerts and insights, rules, and connectors. We demonstrate how to create a rule for anomaly detection alerts on custom jobs, and set up actions such as sending an email or webhook when an anomaly is detected and recovered. This allows for closing the loop in the AIOps process by automating actions and responses to detected issues.
00:00 – Introduction
01:41 – Creating Rules
04:00 – Email Action
09:27 – Metric threshold alert
12:35 – Alert Dashboard
14:40 – Verifying the anomalies
16:12 – Degrading the service on purpose
18:56 – 21x lower performance detected
20:41 – Emails and Inspecting triggers
– Learn why Elastic Observability was recognized as a Strong Performer in the Forrester Wave AIOps, Q4 2022 report: https://www.elastic.co/explore/devops-observability/forrester-research-wave-aiops-report
– Take a deeper dive into Anomaly detection: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/machine-learning/8.5/ml-ad-overview.html
– Learn more about APM: https://www.elastic.co/observability/application-performance-monitoring
– Learn more about AIOps: https://www.elastic.co/observability/aiops
– Learn more about Elastic Observability: https://www.elastic.co/observability/
Start the 14-day trial for free! No credit card required: https://cloud.elastic.co/registration?elektra=en-ess-sign-up-page
Subscribe to Elastic’s Community YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialElasticCommunity
Connect with us on social media:
Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions, and we help everyone — organizations, their employees, and their customers — find what they need faster, while keeping applications running smoothly, and protecting against cyber threats. When you tap into the power of Elastic Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security solutions, you’re in good company with brands like Netflix, Uber, Slack, Microsoft, and thousands of others who rely on us to accelerate results that matter.
#AnomalyDetection #AIOps #Observability #DevOps #ElasticObservability
You can watch this video also at the source.