This year’s Hosting and Cloud Transformation Summit (HCTS-North America), at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, September 23-25, will address a wide range of digital infrastructure topics and issues having Big Data as a focus subject area. Also cloud hosting will be a major topic during the Summit.
This year’s Summit, hosted by 451 Research, a division of The 451 Group, will feature a track dedicated to the Big Data opportunity. As enterprises look to move larger workloads and data sets off-premises, some internet service providers would already be anticipating the Big Data opportunity and partnering or building out their infrastructure to meet the projected requirements.
Other specific topics during HCTS-North America will include:
- Managed Service Provider Strategies: To Host or Not to Host Enterprise Mobility Tools
- Market Update and Valuation Trends in the Enterprise Hosting Sector
- An End-User Perspective on Engineering the Digital Enterprise
- Hosting in 2013 – Reversing Commoditization by Bundling Security, CDN, and more
- Creating a Digital Infrastructure Playbook for Next-Generation Datacenters
- How to Profit from Cloud Storage in an Era of Software-Defined Everything
- The Growing Role of Software in Managing Datacenters as a Business
- Buying Pieces of the Digital Infrastructure Puzzle: Finding, Funding and Valuing Key Assets
- Disruptive IT Architecture: Rewriting The Appdev and Devop Playbook
- Delivering Best Execution Venues with Brokering and Marketplaces
This year’s Digital Infrastructure Playbook theme highlights the need for both service providers and enterprises to devise game-winning plays and strategies for implementing and managing their Digital Infrastructures.
In keeping with the Playbook theme – and complementing the Big Data track – guest speaker Daryl Morey, General Manager of the Houston Rockets, will offer his unique insight into the world of high-stakes sports analytics. Mr. Morey spearheaded an innovative integration of statistical analytics into the evaluation of NBA talent, and is the founder and co-chair of the annual MIT Sloan Sports Conference, the largest annual sports conference hosted by a business school. Mr. Morey’s articles on sports analytics have been published in leading Harvard Business Review, The Economist and Grantland.
“We have worked with the 451 Research analysts, service providers, and IT practitioners to build a Summit that will provide all attendees with the real-world, practical guidance necessary to understand and address their Digital Infrastructure challenges,” said Matt Aslett, 451 Research Director, Data Management & Analytics & Co-Chair of HCTS-NA. “Given the spotlight on Big Data, we are especially thrilled to have Houston Rockets GM, Daryl Morey, offer his real-world perspective on the essential role that analytics plays in his success.”
To learn more about the HCTS-North America Summit or to register, please visit http://na.hostingtransformation.com.
Do you want to stay ahead of the competition? Subscribe to our bi-weekly HostingJournalist.com email newsletter with breaking cloud, hosting and data center industry news.
- Koen Stegeman, Editor-in-Chief and CEO