Arista Networks (NYSE:ANET) has expanded its Cognitive Campus portfolio with new platforms, including the new 750 Series modular chassis – for enhanced cybersecurity solutions and simplified automation workflows. These new capabilities would bring improved efficiency and OPEX reduction to enterprise workspaces.
Arista ‘s new, 100G ready 750 Series solutions are high-density 1G to 10G modular PoE (Power over Ethernet) switches, built for security, modern IoT and real-time telemetry and the 720 Series 96 port.
The Arista 750 Series supports security using industry standards-based MACsec encryption and EVPN/VXLAN segmentation. Each and every access port from 10Mb to 10G supports 256-bit encryption to secure communications between devices. Finally, all supervisor uplinks also support encryption for secured connectivity to the enterprise network.
Cognitive PoE Capabilities
The Arista 750 Series would deliver a rich suite of cognitive PoE capabilities including continuous, concurrent and dynamic PoE, a critical aspect of next-generation campus deployments addressing the proliferation of users, devices, end-points and IoT systems.
750 Series Innovations
Customer benefits would include:
- Predictable performance with 400G of uplinks and a future proof architecture
- ConsisTent latency with low jitter for video conferencing and real-time applications
- Unprecedented levels of resilience with independent switching and control planes
- Pervasive observability with FlowTracker combined with the DANZ Monitoring Fabric and Awake Network Detection and Response (NDR)
The Arista Cognitive Campus is an AI-driven approach to unify wired and wireless campus access built on real-time, data-driven analytics. This would help deliver a great user and operator experience. The Arista Cognitive Campus is built on the standards-based Arista Universal Cloud Network (UCN) architecture based on Arista EOS (Extensible Operating System) control plane and CloudVision management plane software for consistent operations across network domains.
The Arista 750 Series and 720 Series 96 port switches are shipping in Q4 2020.
CCS 750 Series Highlights
- First modular campus systems with 100G uplinks for a total of 400G of capacity
- High-density 1G to 10G and 90W PoE, enabling long term investment protection
- 5-slot system supports up to 240 ports with 5 line cards in just 7 rack units
- 8-slot model allows up to 384 ports with 8 line cards in just 10 RU
- Resilience at every level
CCS 720 Series 96 port Highlights
- Delivers higher capacity than fixed 1U systems 96 mGig ports with 60W PoE
- 25G and 100G uplinks for simpler deployments in modern campuses
This article was also published to the HostingJournalist WhatsApp channel.
Subscribe here for free and stay informed, max one message a day.