With the release of their CUE (Cognitive Unified Edge) solution, Arista Networks (NYSE:ANET), a supplier of data-driven, client to cloud networking, has unveiled the next step of its cognitive campus vision. By combining several security and networking tasks into a cloud-managed ‘edge as-a-service’ solution, Arista’s CUE would enable clients to speed new services and technological developments.
Clients would benefit from Arista CUE’s unified network management platform, which is aimed at minimizing IT network operating complexity and expense. Customers are also safeguarded by integrated edge threat management, which would enforce a uniform security posture across people, devices, apps, and events, reducing the risk of cyberattacks and ransomware.
“WAN Dynamics’ network consulting expertise coupled with Arista’s Cognitive Unified Edge makes our commercial customer networks more agile, reduces operating expense, lessens the time to deployment, prevents outages, and eliminates costly configuration errors,” said Jason Gintert, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Co-Founder of Wan Dynamics.
Tailored ‘as-a’Service’ for Enterprises
According to Arista, commercial enterprises have highly constrained IT budgets and staff yet still are confronted with the same challenges larger organizations have – multiple Wi-Fi, LAN and WAN network monitoring and management solutions that don’t interconnect, rapid problem identification, mediation and resolution, and protection from increasing cyber threats. CUE from Arista is designed for commercial corporate users as one of the best edge as-a-service solutions to this problem.
CV-CUE from Arista offers plug-and-play management, as well as built-in automation, visibility, and security. It uses Arista’s basic CloudVision features to enable uniform user experience, service activation, security posture, and problem resolution, unlike other separate solutions.
Arista’s CUE portfolio is comprised of new and existing capabilities, including:
- CloudVision CUE Management – Administrators can provision, troubleshoot, and monitor wireless, wired, WAN, and security status, important events, reporting data, and push global configurations from a single management console based on Arista’s CloudVision foundation, thanks to full cloud-managed visibility of all edge infrastructure in a single pane of glass view.
- Secure Edge – Managing threats with the Q-Series Next-Generation Firewall: Prevent viruses, hacking attempts, phishing scams, and other risks from reaching users’ devices by taking proactive measures.
- Integrated WAN Branch – Q-Series Micro Edge connection would provide secured branch WAN (including LTE) access, optimize current Internet infrastructure, and prioritize business-critical applications to increase employee productivity.
- Compact Wired Switch – Designed for business clients, including branch offices, retail settings, remote or temporary workplaces, and education, in 12 and 16 port POE variants with a fanless and 1RU form factor.
- Cognitive Wi-Fi Access Points – Wi-Fi 5/6 and 6E indoor and outdoor access points with support for wireless intrusion protection, application quality of experience, and location-based services for business clients.
“Arista’s CUE brings together everything we need as a solution provider to reach the broader Commercial and SMB markets for more opportunities,” said Sabur Mian, CEO and Co-Founder of STN. “At STN, we think about security as the core of all our solutions, and CUE’s edge threat management component delivers layered end-to-end protection.”
Arista CUE will be market wide available through Arista Channel Partners in the second quarter of 2022, with early access beginning in April 2022.