The ATTO ExpressNVM S48F Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapter is a new product introduced by ATTO Technology, a global provider of network, storage connection, and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing applications. ATTO ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapters are the first in a new product family based on the NVMe interface specification.
These ATTO ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapters would let enterprises easily grow NVMe storage capacity to meet high-speed storage server applications without losing performance.
“The impressive capabilities of NVMe have made it a cornerstone of performance-hungry applications such as real-time financial transactions and machine learning,” said Tim Klein, President and CEO at ATTO Technology. “We recognized that enterprise architects and IT managers need more flexibility, scalability and control for NVMe storage and that is what we set out to solve with our new NVMe adapters.”
NVMe storage has become the next step in corporate infrastructures as companies upgrade their data centers, stated ATTO Technology. Despite its performance promise, when NVMe is scaled, many businesses would suffer with management. NVMe was designed to work over a PCIe bus where the synchronizations and command translation requirements defeat the benefits of NVMe devices when accessed remotely. While NVMe connection is accessible on the motherboard of many servers, scalability and configuration options would be limited due to a lack of options, customization, and the number of drives that may be attached. These difficulties are exacerbated by ongoing supply chain constraints, added ATTO, which are driving server makers to reduce the number of SKUs and motherboard configurations available.
OEMs and systems integrators that choose to include ATTO ExpressNVM Adapters in their storage solution toolkits will have more buying and design freedom, according to ATTO. As a result, their clients can add intelligence to their NVMe deployments and reclaim crucial administration and monitoring features that most onboard solutions lack. When clients are selecting on their next generation of hardware, detailed analytics and integrated management options like those supplied by ExpressNVM can be important factors.
The new ATTO ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host PCIe 4.0 Adapters would solve scalability difficulties with the ability to connect up to eight NVMe drives per card, and are designed for constant and sustained latency. They provide highly scalable NVMe storage solutions and feature extensive management and analytics options including:
- An FPGA management engine based on ATTO eCORE technology that offers management features
- Real-time alerts to manage and monitor associated disks using in-band and out-of-band analytic tools with granularity not achievable with other solutions
- Enterprise-ready management features, including as reliability statistics and capacity usage – all without compromising speed or latency
ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host Adapters
- S48F: 8 Drives Supported
- 4 x 8 internal SlimSAS Connectors
- x16 PCIe 4.0 host bus interface
- Supports all major operating systems via inbox hardware drivers
- Enhanced management driver support for Windows and Linux
- Supports multiple NVMe drive types M.2, U.2, U.3 EDSFF
ATTO enterprise software
- ATTO CLI Tools – For advanced topology display / configuration
- ATTO Tool Ecosystem – Similar look and feel across multiple Operating Systems