In an age of rapidly expanding remote workforces and global collaboration, Backblaze (Nasdaq: BLZE), a global storage cloud platform provider, and CTERA, a provider of distributed cloud file storage for enterprises, have announced a partnership to make life easier for IT admins challenged by on-premises file server and NAS management.
Backblaze and CTERA have teamed together to offer this contemporary, all-in-one cloud file storage solution that would extend and increase the capabilities of classic NAS and file servers in the cloud. It would allow IT teams to spend less time troubleshooting and upgrading on-premises hardware.
“We’re seeing a massive shift from traditional NAS to cloud NAS and from edge to core access as organizations evolve and expand,” said Oded Nagel, Chief Strategy Officer at CTERA. “CTERA is committed to providing the widest choice of cloud to our customers. The Backblaze-CTERA partnership establishes a compelling, new, cost-effective storage option for companies that wish to tier their data to the cloud for redundancy and collaboration.”
Old file Servers and NAS Devices
CTERA’s Enterprise File Services Platform for distributed cloud file services is combined with Backblaze B2’s object storage to provide a cloud-based global file system that would allow IT administrators to:
- Increase the capacity of on-premises infrastructure already in place
- Remove all old file servers and NAS devices
- Empower multi-site cooperation and remote workers
- Create catastrophe recovery and business continuity plans that are robust
- Back up data from all around the world in one centralized location while ensuring quick (through CTERA’s Edge Filers) and reliable access (with Backblaze’s 99.9% uptime SLA)
- Pay-as-you-go cloud storage is a fraction of the price of comparable products, allowing them to stretch their budget farther
“If you’re tired of buying new equipment every three years; replacing hard drives; paying for maintenance, or power, or space in a data center; and all of the headaches of managing remote user access,” said Nilay Patel, Vice President of Sales at Backblaze. “Then the CTERA and Backblaze partnership is perfect for you. The setup is incredibly easy and the immediate budget and staffing relief will give you resources to tackle new opportunities. You’ll never have to – or want to – upgrade your NAS again.”