VIDEO – Fast Technologies has announced the launch of Fast.io, a platform for “scalable and reliable” file hosting. It is a solution for designers, developers, and marketers looking to automate everything needed to host and track files and static websites at an enterprise scale.
The Fast.io platform would simplify and automate the cumbersome steps required to add, manage, update, deploy, and analyze static assets directly on content delivery networks (CDNs) like Akamai, Fastly, and Cloudflare.
It would tightly integrate with existing workflows and preferred cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, MediaFire, Box, and GitHub) to manage files. It includes an integrated CDN, using Cloudflare and Akamai for lightning-fast global deploys, a visual dashboard, and detailed, accurate analytics data sent to Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
Cloud Storage, File Sharing
Fast.io is a Fast Technologies brand and a registered trademark of Fast Technologies, Inc. in the United States. Fast.io was founded by Derek Labian and Tom Langridge, who also co-founded MediaFire, a top-100 website visited globally, and a leader in consumer cloud storage and file sharing.
“The process of deploying static content today is complicated and time-consuming. Solutions like S3 require manual uploading, a separate CDN configuration, a manual review of raw data logs, and tedious cache flushing each time an update is made,” said Tom Langridge, co-founder of Fast.Io and MediaFire.
“We want to get content online quickly with the simplicity and ease of use of cloud storage without sacrificing the reliable scalability and performance of a CDN.”
Fast.io’s enterprise-file distribution network would deliver:
- Continuous integration that syncs from your cloud storage or version control system to a global Content Delivery Network
- Foolproof Analytics that works regardless of Ad-Blockers and integrates with MixPanel or Google Analytics
- High performance, low latency enterprise-grade infrastructure that scales reliably
- Large file support, with individual files up to 20GB each
- Simple Pricing, with no storage fees
- A free tier offering 100GB transfer a month, forever
- Free unlimited DNS
- Custom domains with automatic and free SSL (HTTPS)
- Automatic image optimization and code minification
- Customization features such as Password Protection, Automatic Directory Listings, and Custom Error Pages
- Workflow integration with Slack