A written version of this guide can be found here:
You can host your website on Linux or Windows webservers regardless of what operating system you may use at home.
Some web hosting features (the one click installer for example) are only available on select operating systems. This article will show you how to change the operating system hosting your website, enabling you to take advantage of any services you need to host your website.
This video will show you how to change from a Linux webserver to a Windows server, however the process is exactly the same if you want to move from Windows to Linux.
How long will it take me?
– Around 2 minutes to request the change
– The move to a new server could take up to 15 minutes to complete.
What will I need?
– Your control panel username and password.
– A hosting package.
For additional support:
– Raise a ticket or start a live chat at https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/
– Tweet us @fhtechteam
– Call us on +44 (0)333 0142 700