DYXnet Group, a China-based cloud hosting, colocation and connectivity provider with 430 employees, has opened its new data center in Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, Hong Kong. The new data center is the 11th data center of the Group, increasing its capacity of accommodation to a total of 2,000 racks.
The data center is in compliance with grade 8 anti-seismic standards and has a Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) gold certification. Other features of the new data center include:
- Tier 3+ electrical system with multiple levels of redundancy and backup.
- Average power density of 3kVA per cabinet.
- Cooling design with a projected Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of 1.6.
- Ultra-quick responding VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) fire detection system.
- Environmental-friendly fire extinguishing system – Novec 1230.
- A two-factor security authentication including fingerprint and access card for personnel identification.
- 2 x Power Distribution Units (PDUs) per individual rack with 18 sockets each.
- All racks come with dedicated locks.
- Individual steel mesh cages for those clients with stringent security requirements.
The new data center is the Group’s second, tier 3+ data center apart from DYXnet’s data center in Shanghai Waigaoqiao.
“Driven by the increasing demand for cloud deployment and mobile applications from global enterprises and ecommerce clients, we have the ambition to extend our cloud hosting strategy of tier 3+ data centers through new hybrid cloud models, combining various clouds – public cloud hosting, private cloud and hybrid – in order to provide a unique experience to our clients,” said Lap Man, Founder & CEO of DYXnet Group. “To best cater for our clients’ needs, we expect to invest over HK$60 million in the coming 2 to 3 years in building more data centers reaching 18 to 20 in total, enhancing our rack capacity to 3,500.”