Cisco has unveiled a multi-domain approach, a new operating model giving application and infrastructure teams full visibility across on-premise and cloud. Cisco’s new Kubernetes-based application platform would make it easier for both DevOps and IT to embrace a multi-cloud world.
“Applications are now at the heart of every business but managing the IT infrastructure to ensure a positive user experience has never been more complex,” said Liz Centoni, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Cloud, Compute and IoT, Cisco. “These new technologies provide full visibility and deep insights into all aspects of infrastructure through the lens of application, simplifying real-time correction and automated predictability to identify and fix issues before they even happen.”
New application acceleration innovations from Cisco include:
- Cisco’s AppDynamics – this application performance monitoring solution introduces the AppDynamics Experience Journey Map which automatically displays the most important user experience journeys within mission critical apps. These journeys focus on both business metrics and application experience to give business and app teams a single correlated view across business performance, user experience, and application performance.
- AppDynamics and Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer – now exchange and correlate data to give application and infrastructure teams a shared view of infrastructure dependencies that effect application performance, user experience, and business impact. Using common vocabulary, common tooling and sharing datasets between application and infrastructure health, Cisco would enable IT teams to more easily cooperate and focus on what matters most: the business and customers. This direct coupling of application insight to infrastructure automation would empower infrastructure teams to keep up with the demands of application-centric businesses in real time, while managing costs and complexity.
- Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer – introduces workload and cost optimization capabilities across hybrid application architectures. Intersight Workload Optimizer takes into consideration performance, cost and compliance constraints. It uses historical and real-time knowledge to proactively flag potential issues as well as list opportunities to lower costs driven by over provisioning. This solution can pin-point the root cause for application degradation whether it be at the application level, at the VM/container layer or deep within the storage, compute or network hardware.
- Cisco HyperFlex Application Platform – delivers an integrated container-as-a-service platform that would simplify provisioning and ongoing operations for Kubernetes across cloud, data center, and edge. This new platform would curate open-source tooling, automate routine tasks, and make it easier for IT and DevOps teams to use Kubernetes in a way that accelerates application innovation across multi-cloud environments. It also supports real-time monitoring and optimization of the complete application to infrastructure stack using AppDynamics and Intersight.
“While some vendors provide visibility into apps or an individual tier of physical or virtual infrastructure, Cisco is the first to bridge all three with insight and proactive optimization up and down the stack,” added Liz Centoni. “And with the HyperFlex Application Platform we are making Kubernetes, the new defacto standard for app developers, much easier to deploy and manage for both app and infrastructure teams.”
- AppDynamics Customer Journey Map will be available in 2QCY20
- Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer will be available in 2QCY20
- HyperFlex Application Platform for Kubernetes will be available for early access in 2QCY20