At IBC 2015, Cisco has unveiled its ‘infinite’ suite of Cloud Video solutions to help service providers, broadcasters and media companies deliver new video experiences to customers faster. This new suite would help them deliver outstanding TV experiences to multiple screens, utilizing one cloud, on any access network, within the home and on the go.
Cisco has introduced two members of its ‘Infinite’ product family. Both deliver full-featured linear, on-demand and time-shift TV video experiences video experiences:
- Infinite Home – to any screen over two-way cable and telco networks.
- Infinite Video – to a variety of consumer electronics devices via unmanaged ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) Internet connections.
Utilizing Cisco’s cloud and virtualization technologies, Cisco Infinite solutions transform how video works, enabling service providers to cut the time to test, trial and roll-out new services and service updates, and to improve subscribers’ experiences.
Highlights of Cisco’s Cloud Video Solutions include:
- Just 90 days to launch a new video service – leveraging Cisco’s As-a-Service deployment model and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Minutes instead of months to activate service enhancements – by moving functionality from device to cloud, where Cisco’s orchestration software would automate and simplifiy configuration and activation.
- Weekly or more frequent software updates and feature enhancements –Cisco partners with Infinite Solutions customers to give them access to a continuous delivery pipeline of new software features available for rapid trial and deployment. This would mean that Cisco Infinite Solutions customers can get new features to market faster than ever before.
Infinite solutions are pre-integrated to minimize time to deploy, and use open-source components and offer open APIs to enable faster integration and customization.
Whether operators choose to deploy Infinite Video or Infinite Home, private cloud or public cloud, they can quite easily evolve and migrate in the Infinite family because all Infinite solutions are based on the same software, APIs and management.
“The video businesses is changing and consolidating fast,” said Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco. “Our customers tell us they need video infrastructure that delivers the most compelling customer experiences to multiple screens, across a dynamic mixture of networks and devices. The result is Cisco Infinite Solutions. No other company has the leadership in cloud and orchestration, the network expertise and the video product scope to deliver anything like this.”