At its ‘Future Cloud’ virtual event last week, Cisco has announced new ways it is helping customers accelerate digital transformations as they move more resources to the cloud. The vendor for example has unveiled its new hybrid cloud compute platform for the next decade, the Cisco UCS X-Series – powered by Cisco Intersight.
“As organizations increasingly rely on cloud applications sitting in multiple clouds, operating these hybrid IT environments becomes overwhelmingly complex. IT teams must monitor and optimize application experiences, working alongside developers,” said Stephen Elliot, Program Vice President, I&O, Cloud Operations, and DevOps, IDC. “IT executives should view Cisco’s latest hybrid cloud innovations as a bold effort to position the company as a cloud-neutral enabler for businesses and addressing customers’ challenges by providing hybrid cloud solutions that help make it easier to execute their cloud strategies.”
New hybrid cloud innovations announced by Cisco include:
Hybrid Cloud Operations
- Introducing the new Cisco UCS X-Series – Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS) is used in data centers by more than 50,000 customers worldwide. Fully integrated with Cisco Intersight, UCS X-Series is a first-of-its kind system designed for hybrid operations from the cloud and across the clouds. Blending the best of rack and blade systems and featuring revolutionary UCS X-Fabric technology, it’s built for workload versatility today and comes future-ready for the next decade of industry innovation in processors, accelerators and computing interconnects.
- Intersight Cloud Orchestrator – Provides a low-code, easy-to-use automation framework that simplifies complex workflows, so IT Ops can easily orchestrate infrastructure and workloads and accelerate delivery of services.
- Intersight Workload Engine – A powerful platform for modern, cloud native workloads. Built on an open-source Kubernetes and Kernel-based virtual machine (KVM) foundation using container-native virtualization, Intersight Workload Engine is a Cisco operating system for HyperFlex featuring consistent SaaS management.
- Cisco Service Mesh Manager – A new extension to the Intersight Kubernetes Service, bringing deep observability and simplified management with policy-based security and intuitive visualization of services topologies across K8s clusters on-prem and in the cloud.
- Cisco Cloud ACI – Available on AWS, Azure, and now on Google Cloud with general availability in the Fall of 2021. The Cloud ACI common policy and operating model drastically reduces the cost and complexity of managing hybrid and multicloud deployments.
Observability and Insights
- Integration of ThousandEyes Internet and Cloud – Intelligence with the Cisco Catalyst 8000 Edge Series for SD-WAN and Cisco Nexus 9000 switches for data centers to provide customers with valuable insights on network health and application performance by monitoring across campus, branch, data centers and every point of the WAN network between the user and applications
Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator – acts a single pane of glass for configuring and managing common policies across multiple on-prem ACI sites, AWS and Microsoft Azure regions and, announcing today, coming this fall to Google Cloud
Intersight Cloud Orchestrator – Provides a low-code, easy-to-use framework to create and automate complex workflows, so IT Ops can easily orchestrate infrastructure and workloads and accelerate delivery of services
Customer Experience (CX) Services for Cloud
- CX Business Critical Services for Cloud provide advisory services plus expertise to architect, deploy, secure and optimize digital transformations
- CX Intersight Workload Optimizer Services enhance the resource consumption of applications in the cloud
- CX Advanced Services for ThousandEyes and SD-WAN deliver the best application experience for cloud solutions, providing expert design and integration to reduce project complexity and speed transformation
- Custom Quick Start Solutions provide services for end-to-end automation and infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
“User experience is key to success in a digital world,” said Todd Nightingale, SVP and GM, Enterprise Networking and Cloud, Cisco. “We are focused on empowering technology groups to securely deliver the best possible application experiences. Only Cisco can power the hybrid cloud solutions, observability, insights and automation necessary to be truly cloud smart.”