Rubrik, a cloud data management company delivering instant application availability to hybrid cloud enterprises for recovery, search, cloud, and development, has announced the 4.0 Alta release of its Cloud Data Management platform that would provide instant application availability anytime, anywhere regardless of infrastructure.
Rubrik Alta, the company’s ninth release features support for the key modern operating environments in the enterprise, including: VMware, Hyper-V, AHV; physical environments such as Linux and Windows; and AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure and private clouds.
For applications, Alta would deliver rich support for physical or virtualized Oracle and SQL. For application mobility or disaster recovery, Alta introduces CloudOn intelligent instantiation across data centers and cloud environments. Early this year, Rubrik announced bookings approaching an $100M annual run rate in just six quarters of selling.
“With Alta, Rubrik answers the enterprise customer,” said Arvind Nithrakashyap, CTO of Rubrik. “With virtualization support for VMware and Hyper-V, physical Windows and Linux, and native Oracle and SQL, every enterprise can benefit from Rubrik’s consumer-grade simplicity, performance and security. This is truly a single platform for application availability – for any app, anywhere.”
With the introduction of Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV Hypervisor, Rubrik Alta rounds out support for the key modern operating environments in the enterprise:
- Physical Operating Environments –Rubrik Alta supports physical Linux, physical Windows and NFS devices.
- Virtualized Operating Environments –Rubrik Alta supports VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV Hypervisors.
- Public and Private Cloud – Rubrik Alta protects workloads natively in AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure and private clouds.
- Edge Environments –For organizations with remote or branch offices, Rubrik Alta is available in a software-only solution designed to run in remote virtualized environments.
Rubrik Alta introduces support for physical Oracle and adds live mount recovery capability for physical SQL. For application owners, Rubrik would bring consumer-grade simplicity, unprecedented backup performance, Ransomware security, and instant application availability; anytime and anywhere:
- Physical Oracle Databases –Rubrik Alta is not a ‘dumb’ NFS target for Oracle backups. Alta integrates with Oracle RMAN and supports Oracle ASM, while eliminating the need for agents. Oracle database admins can continue to use their preferred tools while benefiting from Rubrik’s single policy-based engine; high performance CBT-enabled backups and parallel ingest; log enabled point-in-time recoveries (PITR); and Ransomware-secured, immutable backups;
- Physical Microsoft SQL –Rubrik Alta features new live mount recovery capabilities for physical SQL which provides application owners simple recovery and near zero business disruption. Rubrik would protect physical Microsoft SQL with a single policy-based engine to automate SQL server data management, to deliver application consistent, incremental forever backups, and to enable PITR with intelligent log management.
Rubrik Cloud Data Management was architected from the beginning to deliver cloud archive, and to seamlessly deliver data services (search, manage, restore) across on-premises and cloud.
With Alta, Rubrik would extend this cloud forward architecture with new CloudOn instantiations services for cloud, beginning with AWS Cloud. Now enterprises that protect and manage virtual machine images, can use Alta’s new CloudOn services to power-on applications in AWS Cloud, utilizing Alta’s intelligent AMI configuration and translation services. This new feature would create maximum flexibility for: disaster recovery, test/dev, and analytics use cases.