A10 Networks, a provider of application networking and security solutions, has announced the worldwide availability of Thunder Convergent Firewall (CFW) – a standalone security product built on A10 Networks‘ ACOS Harmony platform. Thunder CFW is a converged security solution aimed at service providers, cloud providers and large enterprises.
“We are seeing early interest from our large installed base of customers for the Thunder Convergent Firewall,” said Lee Chen, CEO of A10 Networks. “Additional Information aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW will be available in Q2 2016. We believe Thunder CFW will prevent and contain some of the most demanding cyber security threats our customers face now and in the future. Today, I’m pleased to announce its global availability.”
Key features of the A10 Networks Thunder CFW solution would include:
- A “high-performance” Gi/SGi firewall – with integrated distributed denial of service (DDoS) and Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) to protect mobile carriers’ LTE infrastructure from increased security risk posed by advent of Internet of things (IoT) and 5G data services. The Thunder CFW Gi/SGi firewall would deliver up to 220 Gbps throughput, up to 268 million concurrent connections and up to 5 million connections per second in a one rack-unit appliance.
- A “high-performance” data center firewall (DCFW) – with integrated DDoS protection and Server Load Balancing (SLB) to protect data center applications and infrastructure from network, web application and multi-vector DDoS threats. The Thunder CFW data center firewall would deliver up to 220 Gbps throughput, up to 268 million concurrent connections and up to 6.9 million connections per second in a one rack-unit appliance.
- A “high-performance” secured Web Gateway with integrated explicit proxy, URL filtering and SSL Insight – Ability to classify more than 13 billion URLs into 83 categories to provide scale and accuracy. Plus, it decryption capabilities would allow for a highly efficient solution with single pass SSL decryption and SSL inspection for multiple devices.
- A “high-performance” IPSec site-to-site VPN – Provides data privacy when traffic is transported between data centers. High-performance encryption would enable organizations to scale for a hybrid cloud scenario. With the ability to encrypt over 100 Gbps of traffic, Thunder CFW unifies IPsec, firewall and load balancing in an efficient one rack-unit form factor.
- aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW – aGalaxy provides device management, configuration, reporting and troubleshooting for Thunder CFW.
Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, California, and serves customers globally with offices worldwide.