Actifio, a company virtualizing enterprise data, has announced support of Microsoft Azure with the availability of their Actifio Sky solution in the Azure Marketplace. Actifio’s copy data virtualization platform would help enterprise customers move faster to the cloud, speeding up hybrid cloud adoption for test data provisioning for application development, backup, disaster recovery, instant recovery, data migration, long-term retention or analytics.
The Actifio data virtualization platform is designed to help enterprises leverage Azure for their mission-critical applications, such as application test and development with SQL Server, for vaulting backups, as well as for disaster recovery, “all in a safe, incremental approach.”
In addition to the launch of Actifio Sky in the Azure Marketplace, Actifio OnVault will also support Azure Blob storage as an object storage target for vaulting data, for long-term retention. Beyond “low-cost” retention, Actifio OnVault would allow enterprises to access data in cloud vaults instantly for business intelligence, analytics, compliance and data warehousing operations.
“Enabling a dynamic hybrid cloud architecture can be a real challenge for administrators,” said Steven Hill, senior storage analyst, 451 Research. “Public cloud resources like Microsoft Azure offer a rich set of off-premises options for businesses of every size, but a major key to effectively integrating the public cloud lies in establishing a policy-based data management framework like Actifio that allows a customer to effectively administrate data resources regardless of where they reside.”
Actifio’s data management platform would help enterprise CIOs to:
- Provide a cloud on-ramp that can start with low-risk use cases, such as vaulting backups to the cloud, bursting and shifting application testing and development to the cloud, and testing instant recovery in the cloud;
- Satisfy development, test, and line-of-business teams with accelerated software releases, driven by improved Test Data Management with instant, secure, self-serve access to virtual data in Azure using Actifio Sky;
- Empower cloud-focused continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD) processes to build, deploy and deliver higher quality applications faster which speed new capabilities to market;
- Protect critical applications such as large databases, with instant recovery on-premises or in the cloud and point-in-time rollbacks, regardless of location;
- Apply SLA-based data lifecycle policies that can be managed easily across clouds and sites globally; and
- Support on-premises deployments, including Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Softlayer, Oracle Cloud, and over 50 MSP clouds.
“Microsoft Azure is the trusted cloud destination for enterprises and governments, in no small part because of Microsoft’s deep understanding of the requirements of their mission critical-applications,” said Tad Brockway, General Manager, Azure Storage. “As enterprises move to the cloud, we see hybrid as their primary strategy and of course their key applications and databases demand special attention. The Actifio data virtualization platform with Actifio Sky in the Azure Marketplace extends hybrid cloud capabilities to help enterprises leverage Azure for their most important applications.”