Barracuda Web Application Firewall and Barracuda NG Firewall are now available in the new Microsoft Azure Government, a government-community cloud designed to support strategic government scenarios that require speed, scale, security, compliance, and economics for U.S. government organizations.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall provides advanced threat protection, automated provisioning and configuration, and Azure Active Directory integration for customers deploying applications on Azure.
Barracuda NG Firewall would deliver next-generation firewalling capabilities and high-speed (>1Gbps) site-to-site remote access to Azure, enabling government agencies to deploy securely interconnected multi-zone network architectures.
“Government agencies are under the same push to reduce time and costs associated with bringing applications online, and at the same time must adhere to a strict set of security and compliance requirements,” said Michael Hughes, SVP Worldwide Sales at Barracuda. “Integrating Barracuda‘s security products into Microsoft Azure Government simplifies this process for those customers and offers a dynamic, elastic infrastructure that scales with government agency needs.”
The Barracuda Web Application Firewall highlights include:
- Application Security and DDoS Protection – Provides targeted and automated attack protection against SQL Injection, XSS, CSRF, DDoS and Botnet attacks, as well as more sophisticated attack prevention mechanisms such as URL encryption, XML firewall, vulnerability scanner integration, and security templates for apps like Exchange and Sharepoint. Also enforces compliance and identity management via two-factor authentication with LDAP and RSA SecurID/Radius, IP Reputation and CAPTCHA.
- Automated Provisioning – Includes automated provisioning with a robust set of functionality accessible through the RESTful API interface, enabling customers to leverage tools like Systems Center and Powershell.
- Simplified Authentication and Access – Provides customers with an easy and secure migration path to Azure that enforces authentication before allowing access to an application.
The Barracuda NG Firewall highlights include:
- Simplified Migration to Cloud – Enables customers to simplify physical data center migration – including easy Lift & Shift for new applications – with multi-tier architectures, while providing high-performance connectivity to Azure from branch offices and client devices.
- High Performance and Availability – Allows traffic prioritization, Quality of Service, reliability and redundancy to increase traffic visibility and control, and for high performance and availability.
- Comprehensive Management: Provides centralized management capabilities to customers’ network infrastructure with low management overhead – including centralized management for physical and cloud deployments.