BlueData, a provider of Big-Data-as-a-Service (BDaaS), has announced record financial results for 2017 with 228% growth in sales year over year. BlueData added new customers of all sizes and across multiple industries including financials and pharmaceutical companies.
Customers added to BlueData’s customer base last year include Citigroup and GM Financial, as well global pharmaceutical companies like GlaxoSmithKline and regional healthcare organizations such as Seattle Children’s Hospital. It also includes “innovative and fast-growing” technology companies such as Phreesia.
In 2017, BlueData also added a new direct sales organization in Europe; with new customer wins across the region including Tesco Bank in the UK, utility company A2A in Italy, and telecom provider MTS in Russia. And to further its international expansion, the company established a global reseller agreement with Dell EMC as well as partnerships with regional distributors such as Networld in Japan.
“This was another milestone year for BlueData, and we continued to deliver on our commitment to product innovation and customer success,” said Kumar Sreekanti, co-founder and CEO at BlueData. “We introduced several new product releases and solidified our position as the first and only BDaaS platform to support on-premises deployments, multiple public cloud services, as well as hybrid architectures. Most importantly, we’re seeing rapid growth in customer adoption in every industry and every geography across the globe.”
2017 BlueData Product Highlights
2017 was a significant year for BlueData in terms of Big Data innovations and product releases for the BlueData EPIC software platform. Some of the highlights included:
- Early in the year, BlueData delivered a new winter release with enhancements for data science operations – bringing DevOps agility and collaboration to data science teams as well as support for new machine learning use cases.
- In the spring, BlueData announced the ability to run Big Data workloads in a hybrid architecture – both on-premises and in the public cloud – from a common self-service user interface and administrative console.
- BlueData also released the results for a “ground-breaking” benchmarking study with Intel, demonstrating “comparable performance for Hadoop when running in a bare-metal environment or in a containerized environment using the BlueData platform.”
- In June, the company introduced BlueData EPIC 3.0 with several significant upgrades in enterprise-grade security, networking, and performance optimizations for Big Data and distributed data science workloads running in large-scale production environments with Docker containers.
- In the fall, BlueData released new capabilities including GPU support along with deep learning using tools like TensorFlow and BigDL with Apache Spark. BlueData also announced multi-cloud support, with initial availability for BlueData EPIC running on Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure as well as AWS.
BlueData’s global Big-Data-as-a-Service solution can be deployed either on-premises, on multiple public clouds, or in a hybrid architecture. The platform is able to accommodate the security, multi-tenancy, and performance needs of customers deploying large-scale Big Data and data science workloads in containerized environments.
In 2018, BlueData is looking to continue its momentum as the company builds out its sales, marketing, partner, and services capabilities to further support international growth. BlueData will also extend its leadership and product functionality for Big-Data-as-a-Service, including new automation capabilities and innovations to capitalize on industry advancements in container orchestration for Big Data workloads.
BlueData will be showcasing its software innovations in booth #1508 at the upcoming Strata Data Conference in San Jose, California (March 6-8) and the following week in booth #B48 at the Big Data Paris event in Paris, France (March 12-13). BlueData’s co-founder and chief architect, Thomas Phelan, will present ‘How to protect big data in a containerized environment’ on Wednesday March 7th at 5:10pm at the Strata Data Conference in San Jose.