Cogeco Data Services, a Canadian provider of fully managed ICT solutions, has announced the availability of its enhanced Public Cloud Virtual Data Centre (VDC) service and self-service customer portal. First to market in Canada, the new geo-redundant public cloud hosting IaaS platform provides customers with the choice between Microsoft’s Hyper-V and VMWare’s vSphere platforms.
With four data centers in Canada and connected by Cogeco Data Services‘ extensive wholly-owned, all-optical network, the Public Cloud Virtual Data Centre service is hosted on a high-availability multi-tenant platform within data centers that are owned and operated by Cogeco Data Services and designed to tier 3 standards.
As part of its suite of cloud services, Cogeco Data Services provides customers with a comprehensive, single point ICT solution that would reduce complexity and create transformational value for businesses.
“At Cogeco Data Services we are focused on helping our customers embrace cloud solutions that align with their business strategy and vision,” said Susan Verma, Director, Product Development, Cogeco Data Services. “Our new Public Cloud provides customers with the flexibility to design a cloud hosting solution that fits their application requirements and combines the security, control, and performance characteristics of an enterprise private cloud with the cost, elasticity and scalability of the public cloud.”
Key Benefits of the new Public Cloud Hosting IaaS Platform would include:
- Enterprise-ready, secure cloud with multiple hypervisor environments – Microsoft (Hyper-V) and VMWare (vSphere)
- Simplified single-pane-of-glass self-service portal for managing and administrating multiple cloud environments
- Geo-redundant VDC options with automated failover and defined service level agreements for recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO)
- Cloud infrastructure hosted in Cogeco Data’s tier 3 data centers within Canada with 100% Canadian data residency
- Built on next generation Flexpod infrastructure, a reference cloud architecture developed in partnership with Cisco, NetApp, VMware and Microsoft
- Storage IOPS based QoS policy management with guaranteed service level metrics
- Advanced DDOS, virtual firewall, IDS and anti-virus security options
- Supported by dedicated account teams and complimented with a suite of private, hybrid cloud, managed IT, security, backup and connectivity services