Redis Labs, a commercial Redis provider financially backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Carmel Ventures and others, has announced that Redis Cloud, its fully managed Redis cloud service has reached 4,000 paying customers. Redis is an open source in-memory NoSQL database that has taken the developer community by storm, currently ranked among the top three NoSQL databases.
Redis is used for high performance use cases such as real-time analytics, fast, high-volume transactions, in-app social functionality, application job management and caching.
Redis Cloud is a popular cloud solution among developers who use it to enhance open-source Redis use cases with infinitely scalable, highly available, top performing and fully managed Redis.
Redis Labs‘ paying customer base grew more than 33 percent over the past four months. Developers have used Redis Cloud to create more than 77,000 database instances over popular cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud Platform, Windows Azure, Heroku, IBM Bluemix and many others.
“Redis has become a core part of the developer workflow for the full spectrum of database users – including traditional enterprises, internet enterprises and startups,” said Ofer Bengal, CEO and co-founder of Redis Labs. “Redis Cloud has become a natural choice for developers who demand high performance for their applications and want to outsource the daily operation of their databases.”
Several “cutting edge disrupters” have deployed Redis Cloud, such as:
- Mashape – “Enabling more than 100,000 developers to consume 9,000 APIs, Mashape is a leading API marketplace for developers,” said Marco Palladino, founder and chief technology officer of Mashape. “With Redis Cloud’s new sharding technology, we were able to reduce response time from 4 to 0.70 milliseconds during our 80,000 ops/second daily peaks.”
- Bleacher Report – “As the second largest sports site in the world, Bleacher Report handles more than 80 million visitors each month,” said Tung Nguyen, senior director of engineering at Bleacher Report. “We rely on Redis Labs to supercharge our app… Who else can deliver response in under a couple milliseconds?”
- HotelTonight – “If your application is using Redis, then look no further than Redis Cloud. Redis Labs allows you to scale on demand and provides reliability and excellent support,” said Jatinder Singh, system architecture and ops lead at HotelTonight. “You can focus on building your applications, while Redis Cloud does the scaling magic behind the scenes.”
- Docker – “Redis’ scalability is very important to our application,” said Ken Cochrane, engineer at Docker. “Redis Cloud allows us to automatically scale up and down with zero downtime in between.”
- Scopley – “Because of Redis Labs’ performance and service, we have increased our consumption and dependency on Redis as a critical piece of our infrastructure,” said Ankur Bulsara, co-founder and CTO at Scopely. “Some of our highest throughput social features are built on Redis Cloud, features that would be much harder to execute without Redis Labs.”
Redis Labs, a company that raised $13 million in venture funding from Bain Capital Ventures, Carmel Ventures, and others, offers enterprise-grade Redis for developers. Its fully-managed cloud services – Redis Cloud and Memcached Cloud – would deliver top performance in a highly-available, infinitely scalable, predictable and stable manner.