Datapipe, a global provider of managed hosting and cloud services, has announced an expansion of its Managed Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings. The enhanced solutions focus on three key areas of concern regarding enterprise public cloud adoption: security and risk management; optimizing the usage and accounting of elastic, distributed resources; and the implementation of hybrid IT solutions.
Datapipe’s own network of data centers provides a solid foundation for hybrid IT solutions delivered in combination with AWS. With these enhanced solutions, Datapipe customers would be able to effectively integrate AWS into their managed private cloud and traditional IT environments.
“The rapid growth in cloud adoption is changing how IT organizations optimize their internal and external resources,” said Robb Allen, CEO of Datapipe. “By expanding our managed cloud solutions for AWS, we are addressing the key barriers to public cloud adoption and enhancing the value of AWS for our enterprise clients.”
Specific enhancements to Datapipe’s Managed Cloud for AWS offerings include the following:
Security and risk management – The development of enterprise-grade cloud security and business resilience and recovery services coupled with enhanced liability shifting and contracting mechanisms would enable Datapipe to further protect customers as they expand and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. Specific features include:
- Best practice implementation of Identity and Access Management (IAM) of AWS environments.
- Enterprise governance and security policies across AWS and hybrid IT environments.
- Fully managed security controls including threat detection and log management.
- Ensure data resilience with hybrid solutions for backup and recovery of mission critical databases.
- New contracting and liability products that support risk transfer to Datapipe from the client for managed AWS Environments.
Operational analytics and optimization assessment – By applying the recently announced Datapipe Cloud Analytics platform, this assessment would empower customers to:
- Quickly receive complete data analysis of their AWS environment.
- Develop a benchmarking and best practices report and identify a set of KPIs and action plans to optimize and expand the value of AWS across the enterprise.
- Analyze AWS patterns for mining, refining and delivering insight for optimization across cost, utilization and governance.
Managed hybrid cloud connect – Leveraging AWS Direct Connect, Datapipe’s global data centers and network, this service provides customers the design and implementation of a fully managed hybrid IT solution. The offering connects AWS resources to Datapipe’s managed physical infrastructure and hosted private cloud via AWS Direct Connect in Seattle, WA; Silicon Valley, CA; Ashburn, VA; London and Singapore. Customer benefits would include:
- The high speed, low latency direct connect allows AWS instances to communicate with high input/output (I/O) solutions hosted in Datapipe’s data centers ideal for transactional systems and real-time applications.
- High performance database services allow for the development and management of hybrid connectivity between physical databases and AWS cloud services.
- Offsite data backup and disaster recovery provides an alternative environment and ensures that the required database resources will be available 24x7x365.