EdgeConneX, specializing in global data center solutions at the edge of the network, has announced the launch of its Portland Edge Data Center Cloud Ecosystem with industry leaders including Ciena, Electric Lightwave, Megaport, Opus Interactive and ScienceLogic.
The ecosystem provides EdgeConneX customers with on-demand, direct access to top cloud providers, the latest interconnection, infrastructure monitoring and performance measurement, as well as network access and managed services solutions.
These partners would enable customers to launch, manage and grow private, hybrid and public cloud environments with ease within a secured Edge Data Center environment. EdgeConneX also offers direct connectivity to Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud) Direct Connect in its Portland Edge Data Center.
Each cloud ecosystem partner brings its own expertise to the table:
- EdgeConneX’s ecosystem partnership with Megaport allows customers to access the company’s SDN-enabled elastic interconnection fabric that enables “direct, seamless connectivity” to AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform via an Application Program Interface (API).
- Opus Interactive aids EdgeConneX enterprise customers in their migration to the cloud, while managing their cloud infrastructure ongoing.
- ScienceLogic provides IT infrastructure monitoring and performance measurement services, assisting CIOs in the management of their infrastructure on a single pane of glass, no matter where the infrastructure may reside – on premises, in colocation, or in the cloud.
- Electric Lightwave is one of the largest regional fiber providers in the west, offering network access to the cloud and private connectivity options that would provide greater cloud security and lower latency for customers.
- Ciena is a provider of customized solutions that assist customers in the management of complex optical and Ethernet technologies.
“With the launch of the cloud ecosystem in our Portland Edge Data Center, EdgeConneX is making it easier for customers to reach the cloud and take advantage of industry-leading cloud technologies that will build and support a comprehensive cloud solution, all in one secure edge location,” said Clint Heiden, chief commercial officer, EdgeConneX. “In five short years, cloud traffic will escalate to unprecedented levels, making access to innovative cloud service providers and partners a vital component to realizing a company’s strategic and commercial objectives.”