Flexera Software, a provider of software licensing, compliance and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises, has announced the launch of InstallAnywhere 2015. This multiplatform installation solution now supports Docker.
Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship, and run distributed applications, whether on laptops, data center VMs, or the cloud.
Flexera InstallAnywhere 2015 would increase producers’ deployment options and simplify installation development by automatically creating both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers from a single InstallAnywhere project. Users can search and pull images from public and private Docker repositories to build containers that run distributed applications on any system or machine where Docker is supported – virtual, physical or cloud.
New features and enhancements in InstallAnywhere 2015 include:
- Windows 10 Support – Installation developers can save time by creating a single installation project to build installations for each supported platform including, now, Windows 10. InstallAnywhere 2015 already supports earlier versions of Windows, Apple, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and IBM.
- Microsoft SHA-256 Support – InstallAnywhere 2015 prepares developers for changes in Microsoft’s certificate requirements. After January 1, 2016, installations will need to be signed with SHA-256 digital certificates in order to be trusted by Windows. InstallAnywhere 2015 supports SHA-256 certificates and digests, enabling companies to start adopting SHA-256 certificates before the January deadline.
- Multiplatform Development Environment Support – Producers can increase efficiency by creating installers from the same platform on which Java or multiplatform applications are coded, such as Windows 10, OS X 10.10 and popular Linux distributions.
- Tomcat and WebSphere Web App Installations – Installations for modern complex applications often require significant time and effort connecting to a web server to create or update a web app. Flexera InstallAnywhere 2015 would streamline this process, allowing developers, with just a few clicks, to create installers that can securely deploy WAR and EAR files to Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere.
- Installs Connecting to IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL – Development of installations for complex applications are simplified by installations that can easily connect to the leading database servers such as IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL. Built-in panels would give users the ability to easily connect installations to their preferred database server.