Illumio, an adaptive security company that closed its $100 million Series C financing round last April, has been recognized on two of Forbes “Hottest” lists as an industry breakout – the Hottest Startups of 2015 and the Hottest Cybersecurity Startups of 2015.
Illumio was built to secure the 80 percent of computing within data centers and clouds that perimeter-centric security cannot reach. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) delivers live visibility and segmentation that automatically adapts to changes in computing environments.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by Forbes,” said Andrew Rubin, CEO and co-founder of Illumio. “Illumio is providing the world’s largest organizations with the freedom to take their computing anywhere the business demands while dramatically reducing the attack within their data centers and clouds.”
The company’s Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) would visualize application traffic and deliver continuous, scalable and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM and container in data centers and public clouds.
According to the company, using Illumio ASP, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, high value application protection from breaches and threats and compliance with no changes to applications or infrastructure.
The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) would improve security in seven key ways:
- Eliminates the complexity of traditional firewall and network segmentation approaches
- Ensures the optimal security policies are continuously enforced for any applications, wherever they are running
- Reduces the attack surface due to errors or bad actors by up to 99%
- Provides live, interactive visibility to both the host and the network flows
- Delivers on-demand encryption to protect data in transit without the complexity of VLANs and firewalls
- Auto scales with hosts, and supports DevOps agility
- Provides data center and cloud security that never sleeps; security that is always vigilantly guarding your data center and cloud applications