Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) has announced the availability of HPE Investigative Analytics, a new cloud hosted software solution that enables financial institutions and other highly regulated organizations to identify and analyze risk events, and take action to prevent them.
Financial institutions are under more regulatory pressure than ever before. Failure to meet these regulations can result in significant material damage to the firm, in the form of multi-billion dollar fines and potential criminal prosecution. According to a 2015 Morgan Stanley report, global financial institutions have paid $260 billion in fines since 2009.
To help protect organizations from this growing compliance risks, Hewlett Packard Enterprise is introducing technology that is purpose-built to help identify and stop fraudulent and non-compliant behavior. HPE Investigative Analytics leverages HPE’s unique software assets in archiving, compliance, and machine learning to automatically detect patterns and anomalies in structured and unstructured data, in order for an organization to shut down bad behavior before it becomes an issue.
Built upon HPE hardware, software, and cloud infrastructure, HPE Investigative Analytics is a hosted offering designed to deliver performance, interoperability, and reliability across organizations.
“An ever-increasing amount of enterprise data combined with escalating fines and sanctions is creating a risk threshold that organizations are no longer able to ignore, particularly in highly regulated industries,” said Laura DuBois, Group Vice President, Enterprise Storage, Servers and Infrastructure Software at IDC. “A software solution like the one from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which delivers insight into both structured and unstructured data – to not only identify and analyze risk events, but also take action to prevent them – is quickly becoming an industry mandate.”
HPE’s Investigative Analytics is a complete surveillance and analytics solution. The key capabilities of HPE Investigative Analytics are as follows:
- HPE Investigative Analytics brings together HPE Digital Safe, HPE Supervisor, HPE IDOL and HPE Vertica to automatically detect patterns and anomalies by analyzing both structured (e.g. trading systems, risk systems, pricing systems, directories, HR systems, etc.) and unstructured data (e.g. voice, chat, email).
- Curated Data Lake – Enriches information from disparate data sources (i.e. email, IM and voice archives, etc.) as well as structured data from trading, risk, market, and surveillance systems to provide a single view across both structured and unstructured information – regardless of source.
- Machine Learning-Based Analytics – Leverages investigative analytic human behavior models to measure risks and flag potential problems identified by connecting to business and market activity feeds and scores information against these events using a series of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Secured Access with Rationalized Results – Secures, audits and streamlines access to every drop of the data lake while utilizing the capabilities of HPE IDOL and HPE Vertica to synthesize, analyze and produce actionable insights.
- Models Human Behavior to Measure Risk & Raise Alerts – Connects to business and market activity feeds, such as trade alerts, market events, or research publications, and retroactively scores content against these events using a series of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs). HPE Investigative Analytics uses a variety of out-of-the-box or user-defined Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), which vary from a lexical analysis of terms such as mentions of the company near opinions derived from sentiment analysis – ‘I’m bullish on the bond market’ – to more complex language models looking for potentially manipulative language.
“Keeping ahead of unethical and illegal activity is imperative for organizations of all sizes today in order to protect themselves from fines, sanctions and negative publicity that can materially affect shareholder value,” said David Jones, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Information Management & Governance, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “With HPE Investigative Analytics, we have built on our strong heritage in compliance and analytics software to deliver a solution that analyzes more data at a deeper level than alternatives to deliver the greatest amount of insurance possible to our customers.”
HPE Investigative Analytics is available directly from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and also with select partners, who provide added value.