Kaseya, a provider of cloud-based IT management software, has announced the availability of Release 8 of its product portfolio. In addition to delivering innovations across Kaseya’s core IT, cloud and remote management solutions, this product enhancement builds on Kaseya’s recent acquisition of Scorpion Software, with additions to the identity and access management software, AuthAnvil.
As threats and regulatory requirements continue to increase, MSPs and enterprise IT organizations need to deliver and manage new services – often via the cloud – with greater efficiency, security and reliability. Kaseya Release 8 offers enhanced capabilities including secure remote client control, identity and access management, cloud application administration and service-level management that can help organizations meet their business needs.
New to the Kaseya product portfolio is its management of access and passwords for security and authentication. Kaseya’s AuthAnvil product provides integrated two factor user authentication with password management and single sign on, so enterprises and MSPs can quickly and easily enable and manage secure access to all applications, delivering the highest levels of security and efficiency.
Release 8 of the Kaseya product portfolio delivers new features and enhancements across the company’s core IT, cloud and mobility management solutions, including:
- Enhanced security and compliance capabilities added to Kaseya Remote Control, including private Remote Control sessions so that administrators can work on servers or workstations without the end user visually seeing what is being done; and the ability to track and report on Remote Control sessions with a history of access for compliance purposes.
- Release of a new generation of AuthAnvil product, making user authentication easier to manage, track and audit. AuthAnvil Single Sign On, Two-Factor Authentication and Password Server have all been updated with powerful capabilities, including a new application catalog giving administrators the ability to easily add and remove websites from their user’s SSO portal, and a new proxy service for improved auditing capabilities.
- Seamless integration of Kaseya Traverse Service Level Management with VSA Service Desk, ensuring services are tracked and meet required service levels.
- Enhanced management of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online for easier, more efficient administration, extending Kaseya’s capabilities in cloud application administration.
- Flexible new training options via Kaseya University’s new Learning Center – providing customers with multiple ways to learn about Kaseya products, self-paced, hands-on or with the aid of instructors.
Kaseya, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland is privately held with a presence in over 20 countries. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower MSPs and mid-sized enterprises to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions. Kaseya solutions are in use by more than 10,000 customers worldwide in a wide variety of industries, including retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, media, technology, finance, and more.