Mendix, a cloud platform provider combining business-IT collaboration, visual development, multi-cloud deployment and full application lifecycle support, has announced the release of its Cloud Foundry-based Mendix Cloud – providing built-in application resilience and “high availability,” and Docker support for application deployment in a virtual private cloud.
With these capabilities, Mendix would address the needs of CIOs for multi-cloud flexibility to leverage the best of all clouds and mitigate risk.
“Mendix is the only low-code platform that leverages Cloud Foundry, and our latest release extends the many enterprise-class features our customers have come to expect from us,” said Johan den Haan, CTO of Mendix. “We have made the Mendix Platform architecture completely stateless to take full advantage of Cloud Foundry, allowing customers to run web-scale applications on Mendix without any technical hassle. They can start small, scale without needing to rework the application architecture and move applications freely between public and (virtual) private clouds.”
With more than 5,000 customer applications in production, Mendix hosts one the world’s largest Cloud Foundry implementations. The new release of the Cloud Foundry-based Mendix Cloud runs globally on AWS Cloud. This would offer customers the following benefits:
- Application Portability – Port applications built on Mendix seamlessly across public and private clouds with 1-click deployment to Mendix Cloud, IBM Bluemix or Pivotal.
- Availability Zones – Automatically provision containers and resources to run stateless applications across Availability Zones
- Auto Recovery – Automatically recover applications if service is interrupted
- High Availability – Leverage default High Availability (HA) configuration for all applications, with self-service configuration of HA scenarios from simple to most advanced:
- Automatically spin-up a new application container in a different Availability Zone with Auto Recovery
- Distribute load across multiple application containers running in different Availability Zones with a simple slider for horizontal scaling
- Configure a fallback HA scenario by adding a HA Database in a different Availability Zone for disaster recovery
- Instant Resizing – Add more compute power to applications, instantly resizing them in runtime
- Flexible File Storage – Efficiently manage file storage with flexible limits
- Docker Deployment – Instantly deploy applications in a virtual private cloud using Docker containers
- Continuous Delivery – Leverage integrations with Continuous Delivery services
- Application Portability – Port applications seamlessly across public clouds, private clouds and virtual private clouds, thanks to the use of Cloud Foundry and Docker container technology.
“Simplicity, portability, and scalability are fundamental tenets of the Cloud Foundry platform,” said Sam Ramji, CEO, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “We’re delighted to see Mendix driving application delivery across their enterprise customers by applying Cloud Foundry at such a large scale in a multi-cloud environment.”