US Signal, a Midwest cloud hosting provider, will enhance its current cloud offering by delivering a complete hybrid solution using the Cisco Intercloud Fabric. Participating as a Cisco Intercloud Provider will give its customers the ability to extend their on-premises workloads into the US Signal Cloud while maintaining control over their entire environment both physically and virtually.
“It’s clear when we talk to our customers, they need an agile approach to hybrid cloud technologies,” said Amanda Regnerus, VP of Marketing and Product Development at US Signal. “While the cloud consumption models increase in complexity, US Signal continues to evolve and strengthen our portfolio of services. This is just another step in the right direction and continues to strengthen our Cisco partnership.”
With the Cisco Intercloud Fabric deployment expected to be complete Q1 2016, US Signal customers will have access to US Signal’s cloud hosting platform allowing them to:
- Speed hybrid cloud deployments directly from their data center into US Signal’s cloud with consistent network and security policies
- Reduce the amount of ‘shadow’ cloud deployments in their organizations, reducing security risks
- Manage the entire network and security of their hybrid cloud from a single, on-premise, Cisco ICF management console
- Jumpstart and scale cloud initiatives for production, testing and development
- Satisfy requirements for complex use cases that involve a mix of cloud, colocation and bare metal
“Cisco Intercloud Fabric is a software solution that allows organizations to easily combine and place workloads, including their network and security policies, with Cisco Powered providers like US Signal,” said Peder Ulander, Vice President, Cisco Cloud and Managed Services Organization. “We’re excited to have US Signal as a key partner in delivering this innovative cloud capability.”
With eight physical data centers and over 14,000-miles of fiber, US Signal’s Cloud and Managed Services Organization would be able to easily combine and place workloads, including their network and security policies, with Cisco PowerMidwest and includes both HIPAA and PCI Compliant Cloud and Network-based solutions. Customers rely on US Signal for data backup, disaster recovery, managed and professional services.