Networld, a solution distributor for IT infrastructure which includes servers, storage, networking, application and desktop virtualization, has signed a distribution agreement with Cloudian. Under the agreement, Networld will distribute Clouddian’s object storage solution in Japan.
Cloudian serves the needs of data-intensive industries such as scientific research, financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, government, and media & entertainment in a broad range of use cases, including data protection, active archive, storage services, NAS offload, big data, and artificial intelligence/machine learning.
The new distribution partnership would provide customers in Japan with a limitlessly scalable platform for “managing, protecting and maximizing the value” of growing datasets in hybrid cloud and on-premises environments.
“We’re seeing increasing adoption of object storage and expect this trend to accelerate moving forward,” said Shoichi Morita, president of Networld. “The partnership with Cloudian reflects our continued commitment to providing customers with best-of-breed solutions that enable them to drive greater business or organizational success.”
HyperStore offers S3 compatibility, enabling “seamless” data management across public cloud and on-premises private cloud environments. In addition to hybrid and multi-cloud data management, other HyperStore benefits would include:
- Modular and limitless scalability – Cloudian would enable customers to start small and then grow without limit. As more capacity is needed, they can “non-disruptively” add an additional node or new locations to the cluster and that capacity becomes part of the available storage pool.
- Geo-distribution – HyperStore’s global data fabric means storage can be deployed anywhere but still be managed centrally from a single pane of glass.
- Multi-tenancy – HyperStore provides isolated storage environments within a shared system to ensure data privacy. In addition, it incorporates billing and quality-of-service (QoS) features to help meet performance SLAs.
- Up to 70 percent cost savings – By reducing CAPEX and eliminating expensive and time-consuming data migrations, Cloudian can cut data protection costs.
- Choice of configurations – HyperStore is available as software-defined storage or pre-configured appliances.
“Over the past year, Cloudian has solidified its position as the leading object storage specialist, enabling customers to overcome the inability of traditional file and block storage systems to meet their evolving data management and protection needs,” said Brian Burns, vice president, Asia Pacific, Cloudian. “Our sales partners play a vital role in helping us bring the benefits of our solutions to users, so we’re thrilled to be working with Networld, an undisputed leader in the Japanese market.