NuoDB, Inc., a provider of distributed SQL database technology, has announced a further expansion of its global partner program. The company is now offering independent software vendors (ISVs) access to free software, specialized training, and NuoDB’s database experts.
Using NuoDB’s distributed SQL database technology can deliver ISVs products on public cloud hosting environments and private clouds, with on-demand capacity, continuous availability and geo-distributed operation.
“Traditional scale-up database systems are not cloud-native, and are both costly and cumbersome without delivering on the promise of the cloud,” said Barry Morris, NuoDB CEO and Co-Founder. “Because NuoDB was designed specifically for the cloud, it provides the benefits ISVs are looking for, like simplicity, flexibility, continuous availability, and active/active operation across datacenters.”
“ISVs need something out of the box that’s secure, flexible enough to solve a variety of problems, easy to automate and resilient in the face of failure,” said Seth Proctor, NuoDB CTO. “Starting from its distributed architecture NuoDB provides a powerful building block for on-premise, public cloud or any other deployment model that needs active-active properties.”
Benefits of the NuoDB ISV Partner Program
- The NuoDB ISV Partner Program would provide software vendors with benefits such as:
- Scaling out/in while also automatically handling unexpected spikes or failures.
- Continuous availability in the face of failure and for a wide variety of maintenance tasks.
- Being highly secure out of the box, with authentication of all connections and encryption of all data.
- Running as a single, logical database across multiple datacenters.
- Treating provisioning interfaces as first-class components.
- Meeting or beating ISV SQL checklists.
- Simplification and cost reduction in the deployment, configuration and administration of a NuoDB cloud database.
The new program offers participants:
- Free NuoDB software
- Specialized training and documentation
- Onsite support from a NuoDB solutions engineer
- Ongoing technical support.
Launched in 2010 by industry-renowned database architect Jim Starkey and accomplished software CEO Barry Morris, NuoDB is based in Cambridge, MA. Used by thousands of developers worldwide, the company’s customers include automotive after-market giant AutoZone, NorthPoint Solutions, DropShip Commerce, and Zombie Studios.