OneNeck IT Solutions, an IT solutions and cloud hosting provider, a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems with approximately 550 employees throughout the U.S., has announced the launch of OneNeck Connect for Microsoft Azure.
This “high-performance” service provides businesses with direct, redundant network connectivity from OneNeck’s Tier 3 data centers to Microsoft’s Azure data center facilities via Azure ExpressRoute.
With OneNeck Connect for Azure, businesses can use the “flexibility and agility” offered by OneNeck’s cloud resources. OneNeck customers would also gain assurance of a dedicated, more secure connection to their data and applications within Azure. In addition, ExpressRoute connections do not run over the public Internet, therefore, customers would benefit from higher security, reliability and low-latency speeds.
“OneNeck Connect for Azure is a great addition to our hybrid IT solutions portfolio,” said Phil LaForge, president and CEO of OneNeck. “We’ve made it extremely simple and cost effective for our customers to get additional benefit from their connection into our OneNeck data centers. Azure now sits as another option on our network backbone, right next to our colocation spaces and ReliaCloud hosted private cloud capacity. Our customers simply connect into their local OneNeck data center and gain access to a fast, secure and resilient connection to Azure.”
Key features of OneNeck Connect for Azure would include:
- Provides “secured and high performance” on-net connectivity to Azure facilities from OneNeck’s data centers located in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon and Wisconsin.
- Expands OneNeck’s network worldwide and ensures traffic can be routed to Azure worldwide.
- Offers a “cost-effective” solution for connecting to Azure data center facilities.
- Ensures “security and privacy” via private connections.
- Delivers “low latency” by traversing the shortest path to the Microsoft Cloud.