SAP has unveiled SAP BW/4HANA, a data warehouse application for running a real-time digital enterprise. In addition to traditional on-premise deployment, the new solution will soon be available on Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud) and the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service – so companies can conveniently modernize their data warehousing environments and accelerate their digital journey into the cloud.
With SAP BW/4HANA, customers would have a simpler and more powerful way of achieving real-time analytics. The new SAP solution would provide a new foundation for logical data warehousing and provides the interactivity with historical and live data residing in a diverse IT landscape, whether within or outside the enterprise.
To answer demand for open, highly scalable IT systems, SAP BW/4HANA will provide an open data warehousing environment for rapid application development, a modern user interface, advanced multitemperature data handling and support for cloud-ready offerings including AWS and SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, with other third-party cloud platforms expected to follow.
“As an early adopter of SAP BW/4HANA running on AWS, we reduced our end-to-end production time by 50 percent, allowing us to deliver a powerful new analytics platform with minimal up-front investment in just three months,” said Diego Lombardini, head of Finance Systems, Fairfax Media Pty. Ltd. “To support our constantly changing business, we now have an extremely flexible, highly scalable cloud environment that is capable of future-proofing our business.”
To sum up, SAP BW/4HANA customers would benefit from:
- An end-to-end data management platform for running a live digital business through the automatic generation of views in SAP HANA that combine SQL data logic and application data taken directly from SAP S/4HANA
- Extreme performance through advanced, in-memory analytics and algorithm pushdown
- Faster application development with a fully redesigned user interface for enhanced data flow modeling
- Reduced data management and storage costs through automatic distribution of multitemperature data
- Efficient data warehouse migration and implementation with unified data load management and full scale-out support, as a de facto standard for customers
- Easy transition for customers with the SAP Business Warehouse application to SAP BW/4HANA through utility features