Striim, provider of a stream data integration solution for moving data in real time to the cloud and other targets, has announced the general availability of Striim version 3.9.7. This latest release introduces a solution for bi-directional data flows for phased database migrations to the cloud.
Building on version 3.9.6, Striim has also added new streaming data ingestion and delivery capabilities, providing additional cloud end points for real-time data movement from on-premises and hybrid cloud sources.
Striim 3.9.7 adds real-time bi-directional data flows for phased, live cloud migrations, as well as maintaining hybrid cloud architectures in support of “data modernization” initiatives. The Striim platform is already able to continuously move data from legacy systems to cloud data stores in real-time. Now, this new bi-directional replication – with advanced features for flow identification, loop detection, and smart filtering – allows companies to orchestrate a phased migration to the cloud at their desired pace. This would significantly minimize downtime and risks.
Striim version 3.9.7 offers bi-directional replication for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB databases.
“We have seen a significant uptick in hybrid cloud projects recently, especially in the retail industry. Responding to requests from marquee customers who use Striim to enable their hybrid cloud infrastructure, our engineering team has delivered a robust bi-directional data replication offering,” said Alok Pareek, co-founder of Striim and EVP of Product at the company. “These enterprise customers finally have a next generation zero-downtime, zero-data-loss solution for online phased database migrations, allowing them to seamlessly run their new cloud environments in parallel with the legacy systems for a gradual transition for their end users.”
In addition to bi-directional replication, Striim continues to bolster its cloud adoption solutions, including:
- Support for Azure Synapse Analytics
- Support for the Cassandra API for real-time data delivery to Azure Cosmos DB to enable more options for connecting Cosmos DB with other services
- Certification for Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
- The ability to capture low-latency data from Google Cloud Spanner incrementally
- Enhanced security configurations for Azure Event Hubs Writer and Amazon S3 Writer
- Enhancement of Google Cloud Pub/Sub Writer’s throttling capabilities to support extreme data volumes
- The ability to read change data from, and write to MariaDB Galera cluster environments in real-time