T-Systems introduces a secured, managed platform – an end-to-end service overlay solution for companies with complex network and connectivity requirements – for the delivery of multicloud hosted applications. As part of this end-to-end service overlay solution and Powered by Juniper Networks, T-Systems is also delivering standardized services as managed SD-WAN overlay services, called Smart SD-WAN.
T-Systems is expecting its offering to provide a compelling proposition for a wide range of enterprises to deliver significant revenues to its business. Ultimately, T-Systems is committed to helping its enterprise customers navigate digital transformation by reducing complexity, managing costs effectively and increasing data protection capabilities. Furthermore, providing its customers with greater visibility into the network, as a core business asset, would help them achieve their digital goals more easily.
“As a long standing Juniper partner, T-Systems’ choice to offer its new SD-WAN solution based on our technology deepens our relationship and also enables them to provide a host of secure services and capabilities to enterprises and simplify the deployment, operation and maintenance of the underlying network,” said Rami Rahim, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Juniper Networks. “The combination of cloud services and software-defined networking creates a strategic opportunity for providers like T-Systems to differentiate themselves in the marketplace by addressing the infrastructural complexity that their customers face, and Juniper Networks is there to help them achieve that goal.”
To create this new offering, T-Systems has integrated a range of Juniper products including:
- Contrail Service Orchestration – a scalable and multitenant software platform that offers automated branch connectivity management and enables T-Systems to improve network service delivery, “providing reliability and agility while extending visibility across its multicloud network.”
- SRX Series Security Gateways – a range of SD-WAN customer premises devices delivering a comprehensive suite of layered security services that would enable advanced defense against known and unknown threats.
- NFX Series Network Services Platform – secure, standards-compliant CPE devices that allows T-Systems to easily create and deliver network services to its customers.
- vSRX Virtual Firewalls – offering the same features as Juniper’s physical SRX Series firewalls but in a virtualized form factor for delivering security services that scale to allow T-Systems to add cloud sites in an end-to-end multi-cloud SD-WAN service.
- All Juniper infrastructure runs on the Junos OS with the one Junos experience optimized for the modularity, openness and programmability required of the new cloud era in networking. Built for “reliability, security and flexibility”, Junos automates network operations while furthering operational efficiency.
- A comprehensive Connected Security package, including Firewall User Authentication, Application Security, Unified Threat Management as well as Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, to strengthen network defenses. Juniper Connected Security makes these and other capabilities available throughout the network to automatically protect users and data.