Veeam Software, a Swiss provider of virtualization management and data protection solutions, has announced Veeam Cloud Connect, part of the new Veeam Availability Suite v8 which will be generally available in Q3, 2014. The new functionality gives cloud hosting service providers a direct pipeline to benefit from the Veeam ecosystem, which includes over 100,000 customers.
Through Veeam Connect, Veeam customers get a fully integrated and secured means to move backups to an offsite backup repository managed by the cloud hosting service provider of their choice, but without the upfront capital investment of an offsite infrastructure.
Both current Veeam Cloud Providers (VCPs) and new Veeam service providers can leverage Veeam Cloud Connect to grow their customer base and recurring revenue streams. Setup would only require a single server and take less than 10 minutes, providing all the infrastructure management capabilities a cloud hosting service provider needs to offer an offsite repository service to Veeam customers.
Plus, pricing has been tailored to meet the specific needs of cloud hosting service providers. Instead of an up-front perpetual license, Veeam offers service providers monthly per VM licensing. Finally, Veeam customers can search for and contact nearby cloud hosting service providers through an integrated Web portal in Veeam Availability Suite v8, bringing new customers right to the service provider’s doorstep.
Features for cloud hosting service providers include:
- Cloud gateway – Virtualizes all traffic between the customer and the service provider through a single port, creating a convenient way for customers to connect with cloud resources through firewalls.
- SSL connection – Secured connection over SSL eliminates extra costs, complexity and management overhead – maintaining VPN infrastructure is no longer necessary.
- Multi-tenancy – Manage multiple customers, cloud repositories and cloud gateways from one all-inclusive management and reporting console.
- Resource management – Allocate storage for each customer, while leveraging built-in reports and alerts to track storage consumption, manage expiration dates, and send automatic renewal reminders.
- Scale-out architecture – Easily scale Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure by deploying multiple cloud gateways, thus enabling automatic load balancing and high availability.
- End-to-end encryption – All data is protected in-flight with SSL, and customers can additionally encrypt data at-source (before it leaves their network perimeter) and still get all the benefits of Built-in WAN Acceleration.