Global hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) and virtualization solutions provider, Virtuozzo, has announced the latest update for its “next-generation” HCI product, Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform. The latest version of Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform would allow service providers to deliver self-service functionality and multi-tenant support to their customers.
Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform combines “resilient” compute, networking, storage and management in an entirely software-based solution. This update would enable customers to improve the stability of their infrastructure and lower their operating costs. It is supporting numerous use cases, such as virtual private cloud, hybrid cloud, managed private cloud, and storage-as-a service.
“This latest version of Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform allows service providers to deliver self-service functionality and multi-tenant support to their customers, which enables fast time-to-value for both parties,” said Alex Fine, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Virtuozzo. “It also addresses the increasing demand for high VM performance from enterprise customers.”
Additional new features in the latest version of Virtuozzo Infrastructure Platform would include:
- High availability of VMs – with automatic restoration of workloads in case of node failure
- Floating IPs and Virtual Router support – to enable users to expose VMs on public networks
- VM shelving support – that allows users to release vCPU/RAM resources in their projects
- Application-consistent snapshots – of Linux and Windows virtual machine volumes.
- Guest OS support – for Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- SSH keys management for VMs – to ensure users can access to compute resources securely