Virtustream, a provider of enterprise-grade cloud solutions and a Dell Technologies business, has unveiled their “next generation” of Virtustream Viewtrust – its risk management and continuous compliance monitoring solution. With this new release, Virtustream would evolve its ability to extend secured compliance and risk management capabilities to private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
A variety of global enterprises and major public sector agencies would already rely on Virtustream Viewtrust to protect their systems and customers from persistent and evolving cyber threats.
With Virtustream Viewtrust, these customers would have a near real-time view of their entire compliance posture, continuous monitoring and automated risk analysis based on customized threat and impact values. This would enable organizations to assess and address issues in a proactive, efficient, repeatable and consistent manner across the entire business.
“IT infrastructure is rapidly changing, which creates an urgent need for real-time compliance monitoring that can scale and adapt to dynamic, hybrid cloud environments,” said Peter Cutts, SVP, portfolio management and strategy, Virtustream. “With this release of Virtustream Viewtrust, customers can rest assured their risk and compliance monitoring will keep pace with digital business. This new SaaS option also ensures customers have access to cutting-edge features and functionality that update automatically without interrupting their business, and when paired with other Virtustream solutions such as Virtustream Enterprise Cloud, creates a powerful and flexible platform to gain competitive advantage, propel innovation and advance key business objectives.”
Available as an on-premises software deployment, and now also as a self-service SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) or managed service delivery model, the benefits of Virtustream Viewtrust would include:
- Reduced complexity of managing extensive compliance regulations – Virtustream Viewtrust continuously monitors the IT landscape, identifies potential risks to enable proactive remediation, and delivers reports and associated artifacts necessary to address regulatory oversight. Additionally, it meets industry compliance requirements such as FISMA, SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001, FedRAMP and more, in addition to adhering to GDPR requirements and custom user-defined compliance frameworks.
- Continuous monitoring of risk in spite of ever-increasing volumes of data – Viewtrust provides a scalable platform for ingesting, collecting, storing and processing sensor data such as vulnerability scans, configuration scans, logs and policies. Virtustream Viewtrust employs risk-scoring algorithms to compute risk based on asset, system, geo-location and mission criticality, ensuring that regulatory compliance control requirements are met through automated risk mitigation workflows. All information is stored in a central dashboard for end users and project management leaders’ compliance reporting needs.
- A singular, automated 360° operational view of enterprise risk and compliance – Virtustream Viewtrust automates compliance and would reduce the overall cost of managing risk. The solution orchestrates “a true 360° enterprise risk view” by integrating reporting data from virtually any collection of existing systems, empowering enterprises with a comprehensive insight into their risk and compliance posture across physical and cloud environments whether private, public, hybrid or community clouds.
- Built-in audit package document generation and management capabilities – Viewtrust provides numerous predesigned and formatted templates designed to align with industry requirements for auditing and compliance. Workflow-based automation manages the complete audit package lifecycle from initiation to validation to certification and accreditation. Templates can also be customized to exact client specifications to create comprehensive risk management reports to meet unique regulatory and enterprise needs.
- Integration with DISA eMASS – Viewtrust integrates directly with the U.S. Government’s Defense Information Systems’s Agency’s (DISA) Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) application enabling Information Assurance (IA) teams to automate the publication of compliance statements, assessments, artifacts and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) into eMASS. Viewtrust automation significantly reduces the time spent completing steps three and four of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF), and thus significantly reduces the time spent documenting the compliance requirements of federal agencies.