WatchGuard Technologies, a global provider of network security solutions, has launched a complete network and cloud security solution for detecting, investigating, and blocking network and cloud application threats faced by small and midsize organizations and distributed enterprises. The cloud security solution is delivered in joint cooperation with ManagedMethods, a provider in the cloud access security broker (CASB) space.
Sensitive data can move freely between the enterprise and the cloud, and IT security teams struggle to maintain control, prevent data loss, and reduce risk. The ManagedMethods Cloud Access Monitor integrates with WatchGuard Dimension to deliver enhanced visibility and control into shadow IT, cloud application usage, compliance, and reporting.
WatchGuard Dimension is a cloud-ready visibility and management platform used to analyze event logs from WatchGuard Firebox appliances. This data is integrated into Cloud Access Monitor to extend visibility and reporting to the cloud, as well as to mobile devices outside of the corporate network, by utilizing APIs of popular cloud applications.
“Organizations of all sizes are challenged with safely leveraging cloud applications in a rapidly evolving threat landscape,” said Corey Nachreiner, CTO of WatchGuard. “WatchGuard delivers a powerful, layered approach to network security, and now together with ManagedMethods, customers can take advantage of enhanced cloud application security that extends beyond the perimeter of the network.”
Key integration features of this enhanced cloud security solution:
- Extend visibility, reporting, and malware scanning beyond the network to cloud applications, including: Office 365, Google Apps, Dropbox, and Box.
- Enforce security policies by identifying and blocking high-risk cloud application usage on the network with a risk database of more than 4,500 applications.
- Data loss prevention with 24/7 monitoring and alerts of risky behavior and sensitive data activity.
- Gain visibility into shadow IT, including unsanctioned cloud application usage.
- Compliance monitoring and reporting for PII, PCI HIPAA, and other regulations.
“We are excited to provide this integrated cloud security solution to WatchGuard‘s customers,” said Charlie Sander, CEO of ManagedMethods. “With today’s intensified risk of data leaks, malware attacks and even unintentional insecure employee behaviors, having a single point of visibility and control is a game-changer.”