Zend Technologies, a company that helped establish the PHP language, which today powers over 200 million applications and websites worldwide, has announced the immediate availability of Zend Server 8 for Amazon Web Services (AWS), its newest integrated application platform for mobile and web applications.
Pre-configured to work on Amazon Web Services (AWS), with Zend Server 8 running on AWS, users would get scalability, productivity and performance with the simplicity of one-click deployments through AWS Marketplace. In addition to significant new product enhancements, there have been major enhancements to the integration points of Zend Server running on AWS.
“We are pleased to have Zend Server 8 available to our customers on AWS Marketplace,” said David McCann, Vice President of AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services (AWS). “The rapidly growing population of customers buying third party software on AWS Marketplace can benefit from automated consumption, deployment & billing of Zend’s enterprise-grade development and production environments to scale their PHP applications.”
Key features of Zend Server 8 for AWS would include:
- Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis - New monitoring technology would ensure that all services operate as intended with real time application performance information on slow pages, runtime errors, and Code Trace of problematic PHP requests.
- The Only Certified PHP Stack - Zend Server is a complete and secured PHP stack that would deliver peace of mind to businesses with a fully tested stack that includes over 80 PHP extensions and libraries. It is designed to enforce governance and standards compliance. It provides complete long-term support and ongoing maintenance of both the Zend Server PHP application platform and the certified PHP runtime environment.
- Zend Server Application Development Platform - Zend Server on the AWS Marketplace would provide PHP developers with a complete enterprise-grade development stack that includes strong productivity, performance and support. Zend Server’s Z-Ray technology would give unique, in-context visibility inside code and application performance by showing in real time exactly what happens as each page loads. It provides critical information on page requests, performance metrics, database query insight, session data and more. And now, Z-Ray includes a tailored extension for AWS that would provide insights into the AWS Instance serving the requests and significantly eases the cloud developer’s workflows.
- Unique Application and Framework-specific Insight - Applications built on Magento, Drupal and WordPress as well as framework-based applications using Zend Framework, Symfony or Laravel would benefit from unique application and framework-specific insights into their applications’ execution flow and code. This functionality is provided through Zend Server’s new Z-Ray Extensibility API that allows developers to extend Z-Ray to any custom framework or application. In addition, ZRay Live! provides information on requests originating from native mobile clients and API calls, fully tested and supported on AWS.
- AWS Cloud Automation and Customization - AWS developers can now deploy automatically from Amazon Simple Storage Service (AWS S3) buckets. This level of integration would improve overall developer efficiency and further improve time to deployment. Zend Server 8 also provides new techniques for developers to customize their AWS environment. Developers can build custom scripts that are downloaded from AWS and run locally after a successful startup. Developers can also create a custom cluster management setup using AWS CloudFormation templates auto-generated by Zend.