Zerto, a provider of cloud IT resilience and application mobility solutions, has announced the general availability of Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5 (ZVR 5.5). This product release would introduce Microsoft Azure bi-directional replication, faster AWS Cloud recovery and new Zerto Analytics capabilities to gain IT environment insights.
Zerto’s ZVR 5.5 would provide increased flexibility and speed when utilizing the cloud to drive IT resilience, which allows enterprises to overcome disruption and meet evolving business priorities.
Zerto ZVR 5.5 provides replication and recovery of enterprise applications, both to and from Microsoft Azure. This feature would enhance customers’ efforts to achieve resilience by enabling applications to be mobilized, tested, managed and protected across different infrastructures, all while protecting those infrastructures. The ability to replicate out of Microsoft Azure also enables failback of production workloads to VMware or Hyper-V environments with ROI-producing RPOs of seconds and RTOs of minutes.
ZVR 5.5 would increase the speed of recovering applications with improved AWS Cloud recovery automation. The enhancement would provide 3-5x faster recovery times in AWS, making it easier to utilize the public cloud for disaster recovery or for testing and development on a near real-time replication environment. The AWS enhancements also allow for expanded support to AWS regions in Canada, Ohio, London and Mumbai.
“As an award-winning cloud service provider, it is our job to ensure our customers have complete confidence in the flexibility, performance and security of the cloud environments we manage for them,” said James Emerson, Vice President of Managed Services, HOSTING. “The new Microsoft Azure bi-directional replication, faster time to AWS, and analytics capabilities will help us exceed customer expectations as we service their hybrid cloud workload management needs.”
ZVR 5.5 also introduces the Zerto Analytics platform which provides real-time and historical analytics on the status and health of multi-site, multi-cloud environments. Zerto Analytics elevates resilience management by delivering visibility of protected applications across the entire infrastructure, empowering decisions with business intelligence based on live and historical protection and consumption data.
Other new features available with ZVR 5.5 would include:
- Automatic virtual replication appliance upgrades – Provides one upgrade process for all ZVR components, streamlines IT operations and minimizes risk associated with updates and upgrades, while maximizing uptime on business applications.
- Extended API coverage – Additional APIs allow for complete integration with automation platforms, cloud portals and customized environments to extend the flexibility of disaster recovery processes.
- Improved management of virtual environment changes – Delivers enhanced resiliency to virtual environment instabilities and human errors.
- The Zerto Mobile Widget – Enables anytime access to quickly see environment health statistics without opening the full application.
- Support for vCenter 6.5 and Hyper-V 2016/SCVMM 2016 – Opens Zerto’s virtual replication up to support an even wider range of platforms.
“The release of Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5 is the latest proof point of what’s possible in the cloud as we build upon our disaster recovery roots, and continue to empower customers by making their jobs easier and businesses more competitive,” said Ziv Kedem, CEO and co-founder of Zerto. “The latest innovations categorically depart from the old ways of serving IT business needs and focus on the increasing dependency on the public cloud to host workloads and critical data. These are just some of the hallmarks of a truly IT resilient organization.”