Cloud management and integration solutions provider, CloudBolt Software, has announced the general availability of their latest release, CloudBolt 9.4. The new release continues to drive key themes such as speed, usability, and scalability to simplify the hybrid cloud journey.
The CloudBolt update introduces new features such as ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) integration, new data protection choices for Cohesity and Rubrik, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and SELinux support, and improved user navigation.
“Our guiding principle has always been to meet customers wherever they are in their hybrid cloud journey,” said Rick Kilcoyne, chief product officer at CloudBolt. “With the CloudBolt 9.4 release, we’re further committing to that approach. Enhanced inventory management, better data protection choices, and comprehensive Microsoft environment support are critical capabilities that we are addressing for our customers through this release. These features will help them be more productive, secure, and flexible. We couldn’t be more excited to share what’s next for CloudBolt’s product offerings that will simplify our customers’ workflows, so stay tuned.”
Resource Provisioning, Hybrid Cloud Governance
CloudBolt helps customers with resource provisioning, self-service IT, and hybrid cloud governance across more than 20 private and public cloud environments. These include VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and many more. With the 9.4 release, CloudBolt would push the envelope further toward advanced cloud management by simplifying the technology learning curve.
CloudBolt’s 9.4 release would provide the following capabilities for hybrid cloud customers:
- Integration with ServiceNow CMDB – With this integration, customers can codelessly map information of servers deleted or provisioned using CloudBolt directly into ServiceNow CMDB. This would make the server data management process more efficient.
- Protect your data with CloudBolt’s Cohesity and Rubrik support – CloudBolt now supports Cohesity DataProtect and Rubrik Cloud Data Management as data protection choices for their VMware-based servers. Clients can use a blueprint for application and backup provisioning, thus improving productivity, efficiency, and server data protection.
- Streamline Microsoft environment management with SCVMM integration – Now, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) is offered as a resource handler to help manage Microsoft environments better. With this support, customers can discover, deploy, and manage VMs on Hyper-V clusters “with ease.”
- Complete support for SELinux from CloudBolt – The new integration allows CloudBolt to run on CentOS and RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). This would give customers more flexibility to run CloudBolt on their preferred SELinux instance.
- Customize the CloudBolt platform with updated dashboard – The new revised user interface in v9.4 would make it easy to customize CloudBolt dashboard. It allows users to see all the relevant information of the hybrid cloud environment.