Colocation, network connectivity, managed hosting and cloud services provider, Cogeco Peer 1, has announced the availability of a new web application protection product. The company’s new AppArmor solution would defend against Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks and round out Cogeco Peer 1’s full suite of DDoS protection products capable of securing client infrastructure from the network to the web application layer.
Cogeco Peer 1’s AppArmor solution would provide an added line of defense by helping block application-layer attacks. Also known as Layer 7 attacks, these exploits target weaknesses in an application or server, with the goal of establishing a connection to monopolize processes and transactions.
Paired with DDoS Shield, Cogeco Peer 1 DDoS AppArmor customers would benefit from:
- “Cloud-based, best-in-class” managed DDoS mitigation and Web Application Firewall protection
- Unlimited protection with multiple geographically dispersed DDoS mitigation centers offering 1Tbps total capacity
- Systems monitored and managed 24×7 by “top” cyber security experts
- Detects, routes and mitigates Layer 3 (Network), Layer 4 (Transport), and Layer 7 (Application) DDoS attacks “in under a minute”
- “High Availability” for application through automated DNS routing
- Customer Control Center dashboard with detailed attack and threat report analytics
“DDoS attacks are becoming easier to deploy, making them more difficult to prevent and trace,” said Bertrand Labelle, Vice President, Marketing and Innovation, Cogeco Peer 1. “Organizations need to embrace more globally scalable and distributed solutions that offer broad DDoS mitigation capacity in light of advances in attack strategies that use IoT-bots or target applications. That’s where Cogeco Peer 1‘s DDoS Shield product, now with AppArmor, comes in. Together, they deliver a powerful DDoS security solution.”