Datacenters.com, a technology platform for buyers and sellers of colocation services, cloud computing, and connectivity, has announced the official launch of their Datacenters.com Project Platform. The new platform helps users configure their colocation requirements, create their RFP and distribute it directly to providers they invite to participate in the project.
The Datacenters.com Project Platform was created to address challenges when writing and managing RFPs. Datacenters.com took into account both client and provider feedback to create their platform.
While the initial Datacenters.com Project Platform focuses on colocation services and providers, additional and complementary IT solutions like cloud computing and connectivity services are already in development.
“We’ve had record-breaking traffic growth for seventeen straight months,” said Mike Price, Vice President of Software Engineering for Datacenters.com. “Now is the perfect time to incorporate what has been missing – the Datacenters.com Project Platform and connecting our customers directly to the providers.”
Colocation, Cloud Services, Internet Connectivity
“It’s taken a tremendous amount of effort and work to make the Project Platform a reality from an operations standpoint,” said Heidi Humphreys, President of Datacenters.com. “I’m really proud of our team for pulling it all together and getting the engagement and acceptance from our premier colocation providers. The early response and feedback has been amazing.”
Key benefits of the Datacenters.com Project Platform would include:
- The Datacenters.com Project Platform allows for creation of a colocation RFP with a “fast” 3-step process.
- Colocation RFPs created in the Datacenters.com Project Platform are distributed directly to the colocation providers hand-selected by the client.
- Colocation projects of any size and complexity can be created with ease, according to Datacenters.com
- Both clients and providers can collaborate on their RFPs in the Project Platform including submitting and receiving proposals, asking and answering questions, submitting documents and revising and accepting finalized RFPs.
- According to Datacenters.com, a concierge team is ready to make every project a great experience.
“It’s all about the customer experience,” said Bob West, Vice President of Marketing at Datacenters.com. “We’re always looking to improve the experience on Datacenters.com and the Project Platform is no exception. We’ve incorporated all of the feedback and data received from the customers and providers, testing groups and our community of data center consultants to create a solution that truly solves a major challenge that exists with colocation pricing and RFPs.”
Since 2014, Datacenters.com has attracted more than two million visitors. The platform contains detailed information on 292 providers, 2,913 data center facilities, and 345 marketplace products globally. Datacenters.com is the sister company of Global Consulting Group (GCG), a technology services distributor and IT consulting company headquartered in Englewood, Colorado.