Data center colocation provider Cologix has enabled direct connectivity to Google Cloud Platform through a new onramp Google Cloud Interconnect at its Minneapolis interconnection hub location at 511 11th Avenue South.
Cologix Minneapolis offers direct connectivity to Google Cloud from its four data centers with access to long haul and local fiber routes in the 511 Building, home to Minneapolis/St. Paul’s premier interconnection and peering hub. With this new onramp to Google’s Dedicated Interconnect, customers can access higher speed and lower cost connectivity than with VPN.
To support digital transformations, the new Google onramp would enable:
- Direct, private connections to bypass the public Internet
- Predictability and optimized speed with Google’s Dedicated Interconnect
- Scalable, densely connected and customizable colocation opportunities
“We are happy to expand private connectivity options in Minneapolis with a new Google cloud onramp for customers,” said Laura Ortman, President & Chief Revenue Officer, Cologix. “As customers have accelerated their hybrid cloud journeys, direct connectivity to hyperscalers, like Google, provides more secure, reliable and faster connectivity to extend their on-premise and cloud infrastructures with lower network costs.”
Located at one of the most densely-connected network hubs in the region, Cologix Minneapolis offers four interconnection facilities with access to:
- 75+ unique networks in the Meet-Me-Room (MMR)
- The Midwest Internet Cooperative Exchange (MICE)
- Major cloud providers like Google, Microsoft and AWS
- Robust, scalable ecosystem of 450+ networks and 250+ cloud providers within Cologix’s network-neutral MMRs across North America