Coriant, a global supplier of SDN-enabled end-to-end transport networking solutions, has announced a customizable service offering that provides expert support in multi-layer network design. The new ‘Coriant Multi-layer Network Optimization and Migration Planning Service’ helps network operators optimize multi-layer (Layer 0-3) network resources while “reducing the operational cost and complexity” associated with service deployment and time-to-revenue.
The newly launched service is part of the recently announced Coriant Light IP Solution, an “innovative” approach to delivering high-bandwidth services with a “cost-disruptive and high-performance” network architecture that would fit today’s dynamic traffic profile.
“As video and cloud services drive unprecedented data growth and more dynamic traffic workloads, it is increasingly important to ensure that IP and optical transport networking resources are utilized in the most efficient way,” said Tarcisio Ribeiro, Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Services, Coriant. “This new service leverages Coriant’s expertise in IP and optical networking to facilitate OpEx- and CapEx-optimized planning and implementation as networks evolve to support a new generation of cloud-centric services and applications.”
Key benefits of the vendor-agnostic ‘Multi-layer Network Optimization and Migration Planning Service’ would include:
- Improve multi-layer network efficiency by optimizing network design based on traffic patterns
- Reclaim network resources through advanced multi-layer network defragmentation capabilities and capacity analysis
- Identify potential network capacity bottlenecks to eliminate service delays and inefficient use of resources
- Simplify operations by dramatically reducing the effort required to plan new services for the short and the long term
- Expedite business case development (including potential space and power savings) for migration from legacy infrastructure to the latest and most suitable technology