Juniper Networks has announced the release of its Adaptive Threat Profiling feature for Juniper Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) Cloud, WootCloud HyperContext integration for device profiling and Juniper Secure Connect VPN application. This would give organizations deep network visibility and extend security policy and access control beyond the branch office.
To better combat the continuous onslaught of new threats, organizations can use the Juniper Networks ATP Cloud Adaptive Threat Profiling solution to automatically create security intelligence threat feeds. It can be based on who and what is currently attacking the network and who the attack is targeting. This would enable automated closed-loop protection across network infrastructure through SecIntel threat feeds.
Adaptive Threat Profiling leverages Juniper Security Services to classify traffic based on endpoint OS. It helps build custom threat intelligence feeds that can then be used for further inspection or blocking at multiple enforcement points. This would give organizations the power to respond to attacks in real-time and at scale.
“Many vendors talk about Zero Trust and providing secure access end-to-end to address the dynamic nature of threats, especially with a largely remote workforce accessing the corporate network from home and the increase in IoT devices,” said Samantha Madrid, Vice President of Security Business and Strategy, Juniper Networks. “But Juniper truly delivers on this vision. We’re extending security in ways that turn ‘dumb pipes’ into intelligent sensors and enforcement points that are able to dynamically optimize protections as attacks are happening. We can provide comprehensive visibility across an organization into who and what is on the network and give our customers the means to limit their risk with minimal impact to their end users.”
Juniper Networks’ Adaptive Threat Profiling would bring:
- Near-infinite adaptability to changing threats and network conditions – Security policies can be augmented with Adaptive Threat Profiling feeds which automatically populate in the event of an intrusion to stop an attack before it becomes an incident.
- Increased security ROI through more flexible deployment architectures – Juniper Networks® SRX Series firewalls act as sensors throughout the network on tap ports, identifying and sharing intelligence to in-line devices and mobilizing real-time enforcement automatically, wherever it is needed most.
WootCloud HyperContext Integration
To effectively reduce risk, organizations must have complete visibility to all devices on their network and their susceptibility to compromise, including the myriad of connected IoT devices that often fly under the radar. WootCloud HyperContext integrates with SRX Series firewalls, ATP Cloud and Juniper Mist Cloud to deliver device profiling, threat detection and automated microsegmentation and access control to reduce risk. This would broaden attack visibility to include traffic flows and points in the network that were previously invisible to IT security staff.
WootCloud HyperContext integration would help organizations:
- Identify and segment rogue IoT devices – Automatically detect IoT devices on the network and place them in separate VLANs to cut off propagation should compromise occur
- Enforce authorized access to high-value assets – Enforce secondary authentication or systematically limit access for devices as their risk to the network increases
Juniper Secure Connect
Even before employees started working at home at today’s scale, organizations were beginning to move toward distributed networks. It would reinforce the importance of a secure and reliable connection to the network. Juniper Secure Connect provides remote access, supporting both IPSec and SSL-VPN, with a “simple” configuration process, using built-in automation and ensuring optimal performance and connectivity.
Juniper Secure Connect would help organizations quickly achieve dynamic, flexible and adaptable connectivity to any device, anywhere, reducing risk by extending visibility and enforcement from client to cloud.
To sum up, Juniper Secure Connect provides:
- Security and protection for confidential data – Keep remote users connected and productive, while ensuring business continuity and security
- Networks that adapt as needs change – Juniper Secure Connect, along with Juniper SD-WAN and WAN Assurance driven by Mist AI, allows organizations to scale quickly and easily, adapting to changes to the network perimeter and attack surface.
“Juniper Networks’ Connected Security strategy is connecting with customers,” said David Holmes, senior analyst, Forrester wrote in The Forrester Wave. “Enterprise Firewalls, Q3 2020. “Juniper has compelling, well-executed security components that play to its infrastructure strengths. Customers specifically praised Juniper’s performance with threat prevention enabled and enterprise buyers looking for excellent performance and solid integration with existing Juniper routers can get Connected Security from Juniper’s SRX.”