2sms, a company based in Dallas, has announced the launch of its SMS+ private cloud platform for Healthcare – adding security layers to text messaging communications. The SMS+ private cloud platform would meet HIPAA requirements and is powered by Microsoft Azure.
Enterprise and Government clients are increasingly seeking to apply control and process to the dissemination of information internally and to stakeholders, states 2sms. Regulatory pressures would also require audit trail and protection of personally identifiable information.
“Our customers want control of their information, including choice on where their data resides geographically,” said Tim King, CEO of 2sms. “Our private cloud version of SMS+ on Microsoft Azure puts the customer fully in control, protects their data and provides an ISO27001:2013 certified audit trail”.
2sms has launched a private cloud version of its SMS+ product, “allowing customers to benefit from enhanced security” when using SMS to trigger confidential communications.
SMS+ private cloud adds:
- Geographic choice of data residence
- End-to-end encryption of messages, making them invisible to any partner in the delivery chain
- Optional delete on send
- Data encrypted at rest in sole tenant Azure instance of SMS+
Benefits of SMS+ private cloud standard would include:
- 5,000 character HTML5 encoded messages
- App-free encrypted messaging
- Single sign-on for message sends
- Message recipient authentication
- No cache encrypted messages
- Message ‘time to live’ options
- Indefinite audit trail of communications, including delivery and read receipts
- Shortcode/long number free two-way communications
- US CTIA compliant SMS messaging
- ISO27001:2013 certified platform
SMS+ private cloud offers customers the choice of a web based portal running on Microsoft IIS, or a RESTful API / DLL for machine-to-machine messaging.
2sms SMS+ runs on Microsoft Azure with messages delivered to mobile phones globally using the Tata Communications SMS delivery network. Azure would provide “geo-redundancy, scalability and reliability.” 2sms SMS+ uses Azure PaaS to run Microsoft IIS, using Azure SQL Database and Azure Storage. SMS+ supports single sign-on using Azure Active Directory, AD FS and SAML.
“Microsoft Azure allows 2sms to offer secure encrypted messaging services that are geo-redundant and scalable, supporting a critical need in the healthcare, enterprise and government industries,” said Ryan McGee, director, Security Product Marketing, Microsoft. We are pleased to see our mutual customers benefit from the combined power of 2sms and Azure.”